Saturday 4 October 2014

Plants, Pants, Books and Cake

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME and what a lovely start to my birthday. I got to sit and watch TV with the boys first thing while Huffle cleared the kitchen and made breakfast. I had a pile of cards to open, a load of messages on face book, text and email and then my presents. The boys each presented me with a plant representing themselves. Smallest gave me a lovely little yellow flowered Japanese Toad Lily. Small gave me a huge tall Indian Warrior Bluestem grass and Huffle gave me a lovely miniature Hosta called Baby Booties. I had some obligatory M&S Knickers (obligatory because Moo always gets them and that is a good thing because where would I get my knickers from over here?), a lovely recipe book holder in the shape of a cup cake (obviously), a cake box, a How to be British book, a trowel and a garden mug, some chocolate and note cards for me to write to my lovely friends. Huffle also owes me the new IPad (it's not out yet and yes of course we need another, we do have four people in this house you know!). He also bought me a print that he has been looking for for ten years. Finally he found it and it is on it's way and I know just where it is going to be placed, how exciting. I also got a cycling helmet (which I have been using already) and I am going to get a big cutting mat for my quilting with some money from Moo.

We had a Skype with Grandma (who sang, well I say sang!) and a look at their new driveway (very nice) and Huffle showed me the cake he made all by himself last night. Clever Huffle. I rarely have a cake for me because it is so close to Small's birthday that we are normally all-caked out. The rest of the morning was spent relaxing and playing. Lovely.

Later on we went out for dinner and ended up at Pie - a really good pizza place. The man who served us kept saying "there you guys are" which seemed all wrong and a bit yoda-like. We had lovely dinner and then went on to a flea market we haven't been to before. It was a curious place, with many stalls and booths filled with much electronic, clothing, food, jewellery and a sewerage bit with all antiques in. The strangest things we saw was a place where a woman stepped on people's backs, a dog clothing and accessory place, a mind reading booth and a stress testing device with Scientologists. We bought a couple of things but mainly the boys complained and said they wanted to leave. We did leave and came home for a slice of cake and a cup of tea.

We all finished off a film we started ages ago and had our tea.

I have had a lovely day. Thank you for all my lovely messages, cards and presents. I felt truly spoilt today.

 

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you had a good day. Up at 7am, yuck. but off to Manchester for the day. x

Wonder Woman said...

Great cake Huffle, well done! Glad you had a lovely day and was spoilt xx