Tuesday 28 October 2014

One of those heads, y'know?

I woke up at 7am aware that it was still very dark and the rest of the house was fast asleep. I tried to stay awake and got up 30 minutes later, putting the landing light on to help stir the boys. I started on their lunches and shouted up to them when they still hadn't got up 15 minutes later - it's because it is soooo dark.

Huffle worked from home again and I nearly made the boys miss their bus as I didn't notice the time. They did make it but I was left holding Smallest's lunch bag so had to quickly get changed and drive off to school to give it to him. Luckily I noticed a friend/mum at the gates and she took it in for me, then I dashed home, sorted some washing and went to work.

It had rained during the night but the sun came out and we managed to work in the gardens. We cut down all the perennials in the walled garden (that's a lot) and it was back breaking work. We stopped for coffee and Jan had brought two types of cookies, one of which I wasn't allowed to eat. (It had bacon in it). We went back out and cleared some more perennials down to the ground in the main garden near the house. By 12:30, I was tired, headachey and felt really sick so I came home. It got darker and darker and threatened to rain. Huffle and I had lunch together and then when he went back to work I walked with Taff around the village. We were going to walk in the forest but we weren't convinced it was going to stay dry enough. We had a good walk and a cup of tea back home.

I made dinner, the boys came home and did their homework, put their clothes away (helping each other to get the task done quicker) and played on the IPads. Both came home with excellent results on last weeks homework.

We all had dinner and the boys practised piano before a couple of games of Deal Monopoly, TV and then bed.

 

1 comment:

famfa said...

IS this working?