Friday 24 October 2014

Awards for all

It is so dark in the mornings at the moment that no-one wants to get up and out of bed. I suppose the clocks will go back soon, though won't that make it even darker? I had a similar conversation with Moo the other day and we got ourselves confused! (Same every year).

Huffle worked from home again today. I told him he needed a better office chair as I don't think our chairs are supportive enough. He said that if it became a more permanent thing.............. (I thought he was going to say his company would pay for an office somewhere, ie build one, but he was going to say they may pay for a good chair.

The boys went off to school and I followed not long after in order to see Small get his medals his football tournament. To my surprise, Smallest got a certificate for Overall Achievement in Math(s) and Small got a certificate for his participation in French. Then the whole football team received a penant to put in the gym, a certificate and a medal each. I felt a very proud Mum seeing my boys going up three times. Super achievements.

We were shown a video about a group of boys who created a football team in Thailand on a floating pitch. It's worth watching. The whole assembley was about teamwork.

I left and came home briefly to have my breakfast before heading out again to go to knitting. We had a full table there today, all the old (as in been coming for ages) knitters were there so it was nice to catch up with them all. I took my mitts and El undid them for me as I had made a mistake. Poor El had Vertigo and was really struggling and had to be taken home early.

I popped into the supermarket on the way home for a nice baguette and Huffle and I had lunch together. Today he called Mr Snail. Our part was still not in the warehouse and the belt for his mower that he leant us and then broke and promised to bring back two weeks ago, should be back with us mid next week. Pah! Whatever!

I made a start on dinner, did a bit of dusting and putting away and then Huffle and I moved the exercise equipment into the loft in the hope we might actually use it again. Huffle checked the weather report and we could get the first snow Novemeber 1st - NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Well if we get snowed in at least we can use the exercise stuff!

Huffle called Sears today to find out if our credit for the old stove had been refunded. It was an automated service where you either press a button or speak. Huffle was half way through the conversation and trumped. The automated messaged paused and said "I don't recognise that command, please repeat". How funny is that?

The boys came home, had a quick snack and then Smallest and I went to swimming lessons, leaving Huffle and Small to come along later for lessons. Smallest did very well and at the end of the lesson, his instructor said he was doing very well and just needed to get faster arms on his backstroke and get better at his elementary backstroke. Small did well too and Huffle said he could see definite improvement in his lifesaving skills. We are half way through the course.

Smallest and I came home and played a game of table hockey, he did his draft homework and then we got the dinner on for the other boys coming home. We sat and watched some of Hocus Pocus whilst eating.

 

No comments: