Monday 27 October 2014

Smash his face in

We were sent some photos by the photographer at yesterday's treetop adventure (who only stayed with the little ones) and also photos from the Fencing evening the bigger ones did.

Huffle went to work in a coat (first time this year). We realised how 'same' the seasons are here. I took a photograph of the leaves flying in the wind yesterday and my TimeHop app, which tells me which photos I posted that day one year ago or two years ago etc, told me that I had posted the very same photo. Same with when the trees are turning colour, when it's hot, snow, ice etc. the one thing in England we could never get the same each year was the weather. I find it fascinating that it is almost exactly the same, to the day, each year.

The boys both had long trousers on for school and Smallest complained that the Sun Room (I guess we should be calling the 3 seasons room now) was under the 10*C mark (at least it isn't minus anything YET!).

Today I had a free day all to myself, with nothing to do and no-one to meet so once the kids had gone to school and I had my breakfast, I poddled around the house tidying, washing and drying and then went off and did a bit of grocery shopping (and pumpkin carving sets for the kids to use at Beavers and Scouts tonight).

After lunch I made two soups, a batch of muffins for the kids lunch treats, rice pudding and a big seedy bread. Phew that took up all afternoon until the kids came home. They had both had good days and Small had got a B+ (best mark this term so far for Readers Response), and excellent for presentation and content for language homework.

Small played on the IPad, Smallest Skyped Grandma and Grandad and played the piano to them and I raked a bajillion leaves (that's an awful lot).

The boys had their piano lessons, we had dinner and then Huffle and I played tennis for an hour while the boys carved pumpkins at Beavers and Scouts. I have an issue with some of the leaders at Beavers/Cubs/Scouts but I'm not allowed to voice my feelings so I will do it here (as good a place as any and if they happen to read it - GOOD!). The leaders are all Dad's of their precious little lovelies, and the only reason (in my opinion) that they are leaders is because their Dads were leaders before them and their Dad's etc etc. also I think this is the only time they spend properly with their kids. So, this being the case, the leaders are only involved in their own kids and don't give any attention or help (from the words of Smallest) to any of the other kids. I personally don't think this is fair. Of course they would look after their own kids before others but why be a leader if you had no interest in any of the other kids there? When the photographer (one of the leaders) sent the photos of the fencing and the rope adventure, I noticed that there were very few photos of either of our kids and loads of their own (which is understandable that they should photograph throes first) and the other kids. There are a few leaders who don't do this, thank goodness, otherwise I might have to say something.

Anyway, rant over, Huffle and I took the kids to their respective meetings armed with their money for pumpkins and carving kits and we went off to play tennis. Huffle stood and pressed the light - it didn't come on. I tried but couldn't make it come on. We stood and swore and moaned and eventually came away and walked around the block hoping for it to magically work once we got back. It didn't. We walked around another bigger block and came back. This time I stood in the court while Huffle turned on the lights. Wahoo it worked. Has it got a sensor and knows when someone is in there? Or is it just coincidence? We will see.

We had a good run around and then picked the boys up and came home.

 

No comments: