Thursday 9 October 2014

Gas Bag

I'd like to start by saying how good the Great British Bake Off was this year and what a shame it is over. What are we going to do now on a Wednesday evening? I thought it was the right decision for Nancy to win, after all, did you see how she put her gingerbread together? No egg cups for her (Aunty Miaow noticed), to hold her structures together and even when they pulled a bit off to eat, it still stayed together. Fabulous. Huffle sat (sprawled) in his new chair, inclining to recline and looking very comfortable, if not nearly asleep.

Huffle went to work and had an awful day. I took the three kids to school (Tuba is as big as a kid so I feel like he is one of mine now), just as the Gas Man appeared. He sat in his van drinking his 'breakfast'. Poor man, he has a three week old baby, a big backlog of work and is obviously tired and stressed. He did a great job for us though and we now have a fully functioning working cooker. In fact I made some savoury Courgette and Sesame Seed muffins just to test it out. Apart from the awful smell it kicked out (because it was new and it set the smoke alarm off) they worked a treat.

Suffolk came round today for lunch and to help me with Small's curtains (he has only had them up for over two years without them being hemmed. Anyway, we did a good job and although I only got one curtain done, I'm confident I can do the other one by myself now.

3pm was another rushed part of the day where I sorted out Small's football stuff, snacks, drinks etc and drove to school only to be told that he was still on his trip. Eventually he came back and I drove Small, Smallest and Small's friend Al to the away game about half an hour away.

The game was delayed due to us all being late and the football field was a puddly muddy mess! However our team did very well and we won 4-2. Small had some training from Huffle last night and I could tell he was working much harder and putting in some good tackles. Huffle edit 'good lad, and he his passing was in his own opinion very good'

My new mug (thank you MrsChappo) came in very handy for watching the game with my cup of tea and prompted some questions regarding 'how much tea does a British person drink in a day?' and 'I meant to say how nice your garden was looking'.

 

Finally we got back home, Huffle had beat us and had just started to warm up some soup for our dinner and we had that with the savoury muffins. The boys showered, did their homework and had a bit of time on the IPads.

Oooooh it's nice to get our kettle back on the Stove and it's lovely to hear that click click click of the ignition lighting the gas.

No sign of MrSnail today!

 

2 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

Sending out positive vibes for the cooker's continued success xx

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

We are planning a kitchen Reno and Simon has been wondering about switching to induction from gas. But after reading about your experience I refuse to go induction.