Tuesday 14 October 2014

Back to the Grindstone

Huffle went back to work today and had a fairly good day.  The boys went to school (Small had a non exciting normal day and Smallest learnt about 'rounding numbers' which when trying to explain to us what it meant, he was almost in tears.  I don't know why because he could explain it perfectly).  I went to work.  The garden centre is now closed to the public so there was lots of tidying up and putting away for the winter.  I cleaned out five big planters, planted some bulbs for the spring and made up a new Autumn/Winter planter which was very creative and I loved it.  When we stopped for coffee and Pumpkin and Pear cake (yum yum) I cleaned off the parsnip seeds from an old plant.  We put some of them in a present bag under the table.  One of the silly cats came to have a look, got her head stuck in one of the handles, panicked and ran crazily around the house shaking all the parsnip seeds everywhere before tearing the bag off and hiding.  I came home with lots of little tulip bulbs, some Corydalis bulbs, parsnip seeds and calendula seeds, plus a pot of honey.  Apparently we can sow the parsnip seeds now and they will come through after winter beautifully (well I shall try anyway and I said I would sow some for Jan too as she doesn't have a sunny garden).

I had lunch at home whilst watching Our Girl and then did some washing and made Stew for tea from yesterday's leftovers.  We had herby dumplings too.

Mid afternoon I went for a power walk up the hill.  Ten minutes there and ten minutes back, just in time for the bus coming home and the boys getting off.  Small's friend came to play and the three boys played on the trampoline, basketball and football when Huffle came home.

Dinner, showers, TV, bed.

My usual blogging tool has decided not to work and I can't work out how to put photos on (which is a shame because I took some nice ones today).

No comments: