Wednesday 29 October 2014

Does he keep his sarnies under his hat?

During the night (possibly around 1am), our train went past. The train track crosses the road about 350m away. There is no barrier but just a couple of lights that flash when the train is coming. It is a very slow train with many many carriages and it honks its horn every time it is near a road and it crosses many roads. When the wind is in the right direction (like it must have been last night) the honk can be heard from miles away. Last night/this morning it honked its way across Southern Ontario and kept us awake for at least half an hour. Bloomin' noisy thing. When we first looked at our house, our Realtor told us the train came once every fortnight (well she probably didn't say fortnight because that is not a word used here and I had forgotten about that word until now awwwwwww) and that we would probably never hear it. In reality, it probably comes once a day, sometimes more, and rather inconveniently, occasionally at silly times of the night. It ALWAYS comes on a Friday evening much to Small's annoyance. Bless him, when we lived in the UK Village, the sheep in the field across the road used to keep him awake and now it's a hulking big Canadian Train.

Huffle worked from home tiredly, the boys went to school on the bus and I went to aerobics feeling better than yesterday but very tired and achey from my gardening yesterday. I will hurt tomorrow I know!!! I had a visit from Mrs Royal and we sat and chatted over a cup of coffee.

After lunch with my Huffle, I baked Gingerbread and Flapjack for the Halloween Parties at school (only got asked this morning to prepare something!) Of course I put in a little more effort and made them into Halloween shapes and decorated them accordingly (well you have to don't you?). I was about to post a photo of them and then my TimeHop app showed me a photo from two years ago and I had made the same gingerbread but made a much better job than today BOOOOOO YOU HALLOWEEN!

I decided, on a whim, to go to school early pick to up Tuba (in order to miss the full car park, the huge buses taking all the space and the crazy mums picking up their Angels) and met the music teacher "Paddingtons Dad", who was really nice and helpful. He let me take the tuba, sign it out and then he carried it to my car for me. The boys came home on the bus and Small practised his tuba and piano while Smallest and Huffle went and got their Orthotics fitted in their shoes and boots.

I also made a Halloween Jelly today (well the start of it). It will be a two flavoured two layered one in the shape of a brain with jelly snakes coming out of it. Ummmm nice!!! This is for us not school.

Dinner was eaten and cleared away and the boys watched TV.

 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely photo, jelly sounds good. X. Keep up the good work Small, Grandad Ic would be so pleased. x

Unknown said...

Ps. Tried to post a comment yesterday but blogsy threw me out!

famfa said...

Yes I think grandad ic and small would have much fun with their instruments. Jelly has worked well x

famfa said...

I've tested it and its working. Just one of those things I think. X