Thursday 16 October 2014

Loose ends

I did not do my usual Thursday morning forest walk (BOOO) because NoCustard is injured so I found myself at a loss as to what to do today. Well that didn't last long did it? I wandered up to the loft as I knew Huffle had moved my two tables together. So after breakfast and a bit of Downton Abbey (after the kids and Huffle had left for the day) I went upstairs and started to put away things. I have at least three baskets that were full of things TO DO, to mend, to wonder at and possibly throw away.

I spent all morning up there and I think I did a very good job. I moved things around and put them away and threw out a lot of stuff. I also Skyped Moo whilst up there which isn't great because the Internet connection up there is a bit 'iffy' and I kept losing her. We had a good chat though and caught up on all our respective news.

After lunch and a bit more of Downton, I sewed the hem on Smallest's Halloween costume, made a pillow for Small's badges (using the same material as his curtains) and finished cutting out and ironing my quilting sample bits. I also made Decadent Muffins. Chocolate with Chocolate Chip in plus an extra squidgy of choc in the middle (self-saucing for those that watch the Bake Off). You eat them warm with a chocolate sauce over the top.

Mid afternoon I decided to put my trainers on, set my 'Map my Run' app and went for a walk. I did the same walk that the four of us did after our Thanksgiving dinner. Instead of it taking me an hour though, I did it in 30 minutes. I walked fast but enjoyed it.

Things I saw on my walk

Then as if I hadn't done enough (my hamstrings are killing from yesterday's aerobics) I raked and cleared the drive of leaves. I managed to fill (including stamping them down) three big trugs and took them to Compost Corner (It's filling up Grandad!). The boys came home while I was raking and asked if they could have an ice cream. I said they could have a small one if they had eaten all their lunch. They took advantage of the fact I didn't make it and wasn't in the house and both had huge ones! Naughty bears!

I came in just in time before the rain fell, and boy did it fall. Then we had a bit of thunder but I didn't hear it (Small told me). The boys did their homework and both came home with very good marks on their tests and homework so I said they could have IPad back for either this evening or tomorrow morning. They both chose this evening.

After dinner, Huffle and Smallest went off to the walk-in clinic at our doctors to get their foot referrals. Small and I played the piano and then he played on the IPad while I cleared up the kitchen. Only Small had a muffin but I'm sure Huffle and I will get one later and Smallest will have one in his lunch.

No sign of MrSnail though I think I met his brother the other day while I was shopping. The check-out Man was soooo slow!!!!

 

No comments: