Wednesday 1 October 2014

The big one one

Everyone was up late this morning. I woke up at 7:30 and looked over at Huffle and asked him if he was going to work - he worked from home. Small came in and asked if he could open his present that was downstairs 'not that I've been downstairs yet' he said unconvincingly. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG BEAR SMALL. He collected his cards (we always keep them behind the clock on the mantle and put his presents on the bed. Smallest got up and looked in and I asked him if he had something to say to Small. He looked at the presents and said 'oh Happy Birthday Small'. Cards were opened and read and kisses collected or saved for when the recipient was here, presents opened. Oooh and ahhhs from both of the kids. Then back to normality and breakfast and lunches were done.

One of my favourite photos of Small as a tiny person with his wooden numbers (no badges this year)

After the kids went to school, I went off to aerobics (not on my bike today as I am extremely tired, half deaf and it was raining just a little). The furniture arrived while I was gone and Huffle and I started taking off the wrappings, sticking felt pads to the feet and moving it all into place. There is no way Huffle's new chair will fit in!!!! We moved the old sofa, that was kindly given to us when we had nothing nearly three years ago, onto the roadside, moved the leather stuff into the Sun Room. We still need to move some bits around but it's looking nice.

I finished making Small's cake. This time it came out of the mould better but wasn't perfect as the cake this time was much lighter and moist so fell apart a little. I made the same Orio buttercream and sandwiched it together and then put loads of chocolate on the top. I was pleased with it though it isn't nearly as complicated as others I have done in the past. Maybe my oldest bear will be wanting more grown up cakes from now on.

Balloons were blown up and hung around the house, bunting was put up and pizza dough made. Then a really quick tidy up before I went to school to pick up Small and his enormous Tuba. Ten minutes of practice tonight before I have to take it back tomorrow!

Back home, Grandma and Grandad skyped just as Small was Tuba'ing, they listened and sang Happy Birthday and then they were packaged to their rooms to do homework (the boys not G&G).

Merriment began with pizza making and eating, watching a film and singing, blowing out candles and lighting sparklers which were supposed to be the number eleven but could really have been normal straight sparklers DOH (I didn't think about that one!).

Thank you for all the lovely messages, cards, presents for Small's birthday.

Huffle and I are looking forward to sitting down on our new furniture tonight, watching The Great British Bake Off and eating Small's birthday cake if we don't fall asleep before all that happens zzzzzzzzzzzz

 

4 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

Looks like you had a fabulous day Small with a wonderful cake. Happy Birthday xx

Anonymous said...

Eleven! Where does the time go! Hope you had a fantastic birthday Small. The cake looks great but don't get any on the new furniture!

Hugs
Brenda

famfa said...

Exactly what I said Brenda. I even put a blanket down for them to sit on ha ha

famfa said...

Thanks ww xxxx