Wednesday 14 October 2015

Flight of the Old Jays

The wind blew so wildly last night that all the blinds were clanging against the windows and the door kept banging - so annoying. Today, at school, it was Blue Jays Day because the game they played this afternoon decided whether they were through to the American League Final. They did win and they are through. Huffle saw a man waving his cap through his sunroof in celebration. Everyone wore Blue Jays paraphernalia plus it was photo day. To be honest, I would rather have a photo of them in their bLue Jays gear rather than their normal scruffy school wear. We don't ever buy their school photos here anyway because they always look so fake and I take that many photos of them everyday, it doesn't really matter. Smallest went off to school wearing shorts (10* and cool today) because they matched his top and hat, plus he had matching socks. That's my boy!

Small, Grandma and I went to the hospital for Small's X-Ray and appointment with the Doctor. We made good time and parked the car, queued up for registration and then was told that we were a week early. Damn, what a stupid person I am. We took him reluctantly back to school and then came home. I missed aerobics as well!

Huffle, Grandad and I spent the rest of the morning, stooped back and bent legs struggling under the pool deck trying to get the pool cover on. Huffle had previously closed the pool and moved everything away but getting the cover on proved tricky. Even though it is square it was too short one side, too long on another. It took us ages and we are all suffering with sore back and legs now.

Midday I went off for my first new pottery lesson. MrsBasement, Suffolk, MissD and I were there plus three others I didn't know. It was a fun session where we made a pinch pot and turned it into a bird. Of course I made a baby bird and an egg and a very tiny baby bird with my leftover clay. I also got invited out for a ladies who lunch thing on Friday which will be nice.

Back home, a quick cup of tea before the kids got back. It wasn't photo day either, dates wrong again but not my fault this time. Smallest and Grandad played basketball before watching the Blue Jays. Small did his homework in front of the game and Huffle worked in front of the game. I made pizza for dinner.

5:30ish and Huffle took Grandma and Grandad to the airport. The end of their visit. It went really quickly. Two birthdays, cake making, fires started, a blue Jays game, botanic gardens seen, lots of Grandad jobs finished, kitchen shopping, a trip to Niagara, apple picking, football trials, basketball sessions, several lovely meals out, lots of games of cards, a few visits to Home Depot, a few shopping trips in Homesense, lots of supermarket visits, a beach trip, and a jigsaw finished.

After our pizza, Small, Smallest and I went off to basketball. Smallest told the coach that we had an oven fire on Thanksgiving but didn't shame Grandma so of course the coach thought it was me! The boys did extremely well tonight and learnt lots of new techniques. This is such a good value for money course.

 

 

No comments: