Thursday 29 October 2015

From Small to Tall

A lovely long sleep for most of us. I had to wake Small up but Smallest was up at 7am which is ridiculous seeing as he was so late in bed!! Smallest went off to school by himself as I took Small to the doctors. Our doctor was sent the X-rays of Small's finger and suddenly realised he had never ever seen Small before so asked for him to come for an appointment. They measured him (5'3 and a bit - that's just 1 inch less than me Aaaaarrrrrggghhhhh), they weighed him, checked his blood pressure and heartbeat and made sure all his immunisations were up to date. We discussed the 'incident' he had when he was a baby after an injection and he is happy for him to have the next available injection at school in the Spring. We took Small's full medical notes with us and our Doctor sat and read them, chuckled at some of the things and said "a tickly cough" in an English accent. He seemed to think that our notes were very antiquated though I did explain that our family doctor in England was a very old fashioned type of doctor. He is happy with Small and took a few photocopies to keep on his record. I made appointments for Smallest to get him an allergy test for his Springtime allergies and to check on his immunisations. I also made an appointment for Huffle to get his back checked out and an appointment for me to follow up on my 'flu'. We are all in tomorrow morning.

Small was dropped back at school and then I helped Huffle to 'winterise' the garden. We also put in our huge 'Euyonomous' (burning bush) which took some serious digging and meant moving some plants around. After lunch and some calls that Huffle had to make, we put in a few more plants and picked up some leaves.

This afternoon I finished the jigsaw and did some baking. When the boys came home, Small did his homework in his room with his music blaring and Smallest and I put some Halloween declarations up.

For dinner we ate homemade pizza and watched half of the last Hobbit film.

 

No comments: