Friday 16 October 2015

Want an apple? Have a nice day!

The tree colour is AWESOME!

Small had to wake me this morning as I didn't wake up in time. He also got up later than normal. After they went to school, I went to Suffolks and we walked to her friends house around the corner for a Girls Day In. There were supposed to be four of us but the one who is always late, didn't even turn up today. We started with a Green Mango Tea in a Winnie the Pooh Teapot and Winnie the Pooh mugs. Then we watched our host make Banana Muffins and obviously ate one when they were ready.

After lunch we sat and watched a film (a bizarre film but it was nice to just sit and relax for a change in the middle of the day).

By the time we left (in order to get home for the kids) it was bucketing it down with rain and the wind was wild. On my drive home I was buffeted around and almost considered stopping for safety reasons because it was so bad. In the end I did have to stop because one of my windscreen wipers flew off. I had to stand by the side of the road with lorries and high speeding vehicles whooshing by splashing me with water. I was not impressed and had to drive home with a dangerously wet rainy windscreen with just an occasional wipe as I was scared it would fly off again. Huffle checked it for me when I got home and I definitely need a new one.


Nasty cloud

The boys got home just as I did and quickly got changed in their Scouts and Cubs uniforms in order to go and sell apples at the Beer Store to raise money for the Scouts. The apples are free but you can give a donation and they collected quite a bit of money. I wasn't supposed to be supervising but I stayed until one of the volunteer mums turned up. I also went back earlier than I should in order to let the same mum take her kids off to hockey. That's when I met the little bully that has been giving Smallest trouble (Huffle told me throw an apple at him, naughty!!!!).


Who can resist a big puddle
Small told me the secret to getting money from people. As they walk into the Beer Store you ask if they want an apple. If they say no, when they come out you say "have a nice day". Each person he did this to, then went to their car and got some change (and didn't necessarily take an apple). Ingenious.
Polishing the apples
Polishing the apples
This character rode a motorbike far too small for him and he didn't buy an apple BOOORRIIING

Back home the boys finished homework and went on the Wii while we made dinner. After dinner Huffle and the boys played on the Wii and I played Mario Party and was a pink toadstool but I kept getting blown up. I wasn't very good!

It's gone really quite cold and wet and wintry. I don't like it, I haven't put my sandals away yet, though I did put my socks in my handbag in case I got cold!!!!!

New mailbox in the Hamlet - like it

 

 

No comments: