Thursday 15 October 2015

Foraging

"It's oh so quiet SHHHHH SHHHHH, it's oh so still..........."

Huffle went into Toronto on the train for a meeting......................

Huffle's photos from the train

the boys went off to school and I was left all alone. What a different it makes having an empty house. With Huffle working from home all the time now and Grandma and Grandad being here for three weeks, I can't remember the last time I was home alone. I revelled in it for about ten minutes and then left to work on MrsRoyals garden for the morning. Today we cut back lots of dead flowers and cut back the ferns and peonies. We did a general tidy up of a couple areas and rewarded ourselves with a cup of coffee on the patio in the late morning autumnal sunshine.

I came home for lunch and FaceTimed Moo. We had a lovely long chat and catch up and I found out when she had booked to come over (she didn't want to tell me but I made her).

Huffle came home just after lunch, in time for a scheduled call and I went walking in the forest with NoCustard, MrsRoyal and Garfunkel (who wanted some mushrooms for her paintings). We found a few mushrooms and I brought home a mossy log and a mossy tree root for our garden. We only walked a short walk today but it was beautiful despite the rain. The colours of the forest were amazing.

Both boys had homework and took it in turns using the computer, making Huffle move onto the table in the lounge with the jigsaw. Small was told that by the time his hand is out of his cast, American Football at gym time will have finished and they will have gone on to Soccer (Football). He is very happy with that. Smallest has to do a Talent Contest to Grade 7's (Small's year). He is going to show them his basketball skills and trickery.

Tonight I made Curries and Roti - yummy loveliness. The boys (and Huffle) played on the Wii and I watched Downton Abbey and knitted. Huffle and I looked back at some older blog posts from 2012. The boys looked so little.

Grandma and Grandad arrived home safely but tired.

 

No comments: