Friday 2 October 2015

Soap on a rope - POPE

The weather has turned really cold all of a sudden. Today there was a icy chill to the wind (not liking that!). The boys went off to school wearing shorts but everyone else on their bus were wearing coats and hats.

Huffle found these Halloween outfits for digs while he was shopping - he was disgusted!

Huffle had a day off and he took Grandma and I shopping (well he dumped us somewhere while he bought my birthday presents), and we left Grandad inhaling the paint fumes of Paint Tin No3. We said we would wean him off the fumes slowly - no cold turkey for him!

Grandma and I found a lovely cardigan for me and a photo frame for her. We were both given a free 'garbage bag' (cashiers words not mine) and a competition to enter. If we win, we get five minutes in Homesense (TK Max equivalent) to gather as much stuff as will fit in the bag for free. Grandma wonders if we could get a sofa in it. The cashier told us to practice at home. We celebrated our finds with a hot drink whilst waiting for Huffle to pick up Grandad. While we were waiting we bought some lovely scarves and had a weird conversation with a lady that we quickly tried to hide from. When people hear our accents (mainly when I am with other British people because obviously there are two people having a conversation rather than me just talking to myself....) they always say "oh where are you from?". Some know instantly that it is England but some wonder if it's Australia, New Zealand etc. Anyway I said 'England' and she said 'I know that!' And when I said Leicester she said 'Oh' in a disappointed voice, meaning she was sorry we didn't say London. Everyone just wants us to say London because that is where they know. bOoorriiing (sorry Aunty A).

A

The four of us had lunch together in an Irish Pub. Grandad had a Lamb Pot Pie which was really good, Huffle had a Chicken Tikka which was forgettable and Grandma and I had Fish and Chips which was awful and undercooked with soggy batter (Chips were nice). We complained and eventually the Manager came up and said "I've looked after the fish". We knew what he meant but I asked him to explain - he had taken the two meals off the bill and said the batter was too thick and it was frozen fish which was not acceptable.

Next we went to the car hire place and picked up a huge scooby doo car for the weekend as we are going to Niagara tomorrow and Grandma and I took Huffles car home. The hire car has a reversing camera, three video screens and a Blue Ray machine so tomorrow we will be watching Star Wars on the way. That'll keep the kids and Grandad happy.

When the boys came home Huffle took Smallest, Grandad and I to the Garden Centre to choose a plant for me. We ended up with quite a few. Lucky girl. The boys played on their new Wii game while they waited for their dinner and Grandad tried Small's new puzzle.

He was successful

 

No comments: