Tuesday 13 October 2015

Pierced by an Agave

This is how Smallest came essay evening when he was asked to get changed for bed!

It was extremely difficult waking up and getting out of bed this morning. Small came to get me but I could have slept for at least another hour. Too much merriment the day before!!!

My windscreen was covered in leaves (I prefer it to snow and ice though).

The boys went to school, Huffle worked from the kitchen table, Grandad did the jigsaw before going out and mowing the grass. Grandma did some cleaning and I went to work. Today we moved many many begonias from the outside of the house into the greenhouse (there is a heavy frost due on Thursday), we dug up the dahlias ready for stem cuttings and the tubers being put to bed for the Winter. We also moved all the Agaves into the house. These are extremely pointy things and one of them pierced my boob on the way upstairs. OUCH! MrsM gave us all a jar of honey and a jar of Sweet Chilli Sauce as a thank you. I also came home with a curious shoe filled with succulents for the boys.

Bumble Bee on the Nerine

Prickly Agave

When I got home I helped to rake the leaves and move the trampoline. All the legs fell off it today while Grandad, Huffle and I moved it. Silly thing!

After lunch Grandma, Grandad and I had a short shopping trip. I dropped Grandad at Candian Tire (poor Grandad has only has one visit since he has been here), then Grandma and I went to Bulk Barn before I dropped Grandma at Homesense and went back to pick up Grandad. Then we parked the car and Grandad went one way and I went the other. We all met back at the car after shopping was done and came home. However, at home we decided we needed to go out again to pick up a few essentials. Grandma and I did this while Huffle helped the boys with their homework.

Dinner was a mish mash or smorgasbord of yesterday's leftovers plus a Salmon in Parsley Sauce. We found a Spiceless Apple Pie for pudding which is rare as all desserts seem to gave cinnamon in them here, especially apple pies. I do not like cinnamon so I was very pleased.

After dinner we played cards, the boys showered and we continued playing cards.

 

 

No comments: