Monday 19 October 2015

I'm Frit!


Our drive (and No Grandad, we haven't swept them up yet)

Back to the beginning of the week, where I don't want to get up. The boys went to school, not yet wearing their coats but the light gloves came out. I went for a lovely autumnal forest walk with MrsRoyal and NoCustard. It was glorious as usual though I felt a bit wobbly half way through, probably because I started my diet today (if I write it down then surely I have to continue else I will look a fool!) and I had Weetabix for breakfast with nothing else but my yummy Rich Italian coffee. The forest floor was full of all different coloured leaves which were blowing off the trees like softly falling snow. It was cool but the sun came out and warmed things slightly. We walked for 3.21 miles in just under an hour and burnt 327 calories apparently, so my helpful app tells me.

When I got home for lunch Huffle was in the pantry, laptop on the kitchen table, putting up the shelves. It looks wonderful and I spent a good part of the afternoon rearranging all the food in there. There is even room for the blender, food processor and slow cooker.

After lunch I went to MrsRoyals and decorated her cup cakes for her Halloween Garden Club party. She had made Lemon Poppy Seed muffins and I made a lemon butter cream, swirled it on top and created some spiders from chocolate.

When the boys came home, Small played on the Wii and Smallest had his piano lesson. There is going to be another Recital but for Christmas so Smallest was practising Christmas songs - ALREADY!!!! Hopefully Small gets his cast off this week and starts playing again. There are five weeks till the recital. Unfortunately it is before Moo gets here.

After dinner, we took the boys to Cubs and Scouts at the local pumpkin patch to chose their pumpkins for carving next week. The farmer had picked a lot of the pumpkins as there was a bad frost in Saturday but they could pick their own from the field or the barn. They had a good monkey around. The Scout Leader also had a word with me about the fact that Smallest's bully has joined Scouts and that he will keep an eye on him and make sure that Smallest is safe and well.

Meanwhile, Huffle and I had a good hours walk around the Hamlet before walking back to the field and picking the kids up and bringing their pumpkins home. (We got a spare one for home - Smallest wants us to make a Blue Jays one).

Late edit (10pm). We had very heavy rainfall with fierce thunder and lightning. Small came down and sat with us while we watched the Blue Jays, Smallest stayed asleep and Huffle hid in the basement. We lit candles just in case and kept losing the satellite signal.

 

No comments: