Tuesday 27 October 2015

Leaf it out!

Huffle didn't sleep well, apparently I kept him awake! Small got up late and I had to wake Smallest up, he was very sleepy and cosy. I slept well until 3:33am - well that's a weird time.

The boys went to school, everyone on their bus wearing hats and scarves and my two just in fleeces. It was a cold start again but it got to around 11* and the sun shone brightly. I decided to go to work though none of us felt like doing much today. I was still hot and cold and energyless, Jan had had a traumatic tooth extraction and was stuffering, Wil had a nose operation and MrsM was tired. We managed to do some cuttings of the huge begonias and another plant I forgot the name of. After a very long coffee break, we cut down the plants in the wall garden, though had to give up due to the fact we ran out of steam and there were far too many things to cut.

Our lovely front garden tree, a tree in the wall garden at work and a lonely clematis in front of our barn

At home I had lunch with Huffle and we watched a bit of This is England (we've got to 1990 and the raves). I left Huffle and went food shopping. All the Halloween stuff is already on sale, that's ridiculous. I picked up some green paint for Smallest's face and some glow sticks so I can see them during Trick or Treating.

I FaceTimed Moo after I put the shopping away and we had a good laugh (at her expense really). I partly prepared dinner and then sat and jigsawed until the kids came home (I think I got about 15 minutes). The boys helped me and then went off and did homework, chores no then Small played on his tablet and Smallest and I played table tennis (we are getting our practice in so we can beat Moo).

I think he's telling us there a a lot of leaves

Dinner was meatballs and beetballs with pasta. Smallest and Huffle went off to football and Small and I stayed at home. We played FIFA and Disney Infinity on the Wii and then watched an Extreme Homes programme on the TV.

Smallest came home with new boots that the Coach sold to him for a bargain price. Huffle helped the coach with the formation.

 

No comments: