Monday 26 October 2015

There IS smoke without fire

Monday already? That was a quick weekend!

The boys went off to school wearing fleeces though it wasn't too cold and it got warmer and sunnier as the day went on. I stayed at home this morning and tidied the house - boy you can tell when this family stays home for the weekend. I got up-to-date with the washing and swept and dusted and cleaned the toilets and watched one of my programmes and did a bit of jigsaw (I apologised to the kids later for doing it all by myself but at least it is making me rest). I am still not right. Lots of hots and colds especially when I am 'doing'.

Huffle's back is giving him trouble so he had a relaxing bath during a break in work (though I think his laptop and phone still went with him - good job he didn't have any video calls). We had lunch together and then I went and walked in the forest with NoCustard. It was so beautiful. Most of the leaves on the trees are yellow now though the floor is still covered in multicoloured leaves. It was cool enough for gloves but we soon warmed up after an hours walking.

At home I made Butter Tart Squares which were lovely but I overcooked the shortbread a bit. Oh well I know for next time. The boys came home.........

Halloween treats

Small had a really good mark on his French Presentation. They both had their piano lessons, dinner and then I made Small look like a scary thing for his Scouts Halloween Scare off tonight. Because he is scaring the Cubs (which involves Smallest) we had to hide him away in his room so Smallest couldn't see what he was dressed as. Smallest wanted to know why he was upstairs and not eating with us and we told him that we had an argument and he had to think about things by himself. Smallest and Huffle went into the basement to play on the Wii while I sneaked Small out to Scouts. They were just starting to set the room up with the smoke machine and snakes and scary things. I came home and then a bit later took Smallest to Cubs.

All the Scouts, cubs and leaders were all outside. Apparently the smoke machine had set off the fire alarm and it was a very loud piercing noise. A werewolf came up to me and said "it's me K, Small is hiding from Smallest, I've come to get you". We kept Smallest away from Small until the fire brigade arrived. It's ridiculous, the community centre is right next door to the fire station and yet the trucks had to come from the nearest City. They managed to get the alarm to stop and they all went back inside. I distracted Smallest while Small sneaked back in. Meanwhile Huffle arrived with Smallest's coat as they thought they were going to have to stay outside and he wasn't appropriately dressed. Well that was exciting!

I came home and Huffle gave me lessons on how to play FIFA on the Wii. I was rubbish but I scored a few goals against his lower team. We used to play this many years ago before the kids arrived, but I can't remember it ever being my favourite. Huffle went off to get the kids. Smallest wouldn't admit that Small had scared him. Small had had a great time jumping out and scaring the smaller kids and Smallest had carved a fabulous pumpkin.

I think Smallest is making a pumpkin face!
Ooooh scary

................and it was a full moon. Ahhooooooooooooooooooooooo.

 

No comments: