Tuesday 20 October 2015

Lost the Blue Jays did!

A beautifully sunny day today that started out cool and ended with rain. Weird weather!!! Boys went to school, Huffle worked here and I went to work. Today we dug up all the Cannas and put them in buckets and crates ready to send them to their Wintery beds. It was quite hard work as they were all well stuck in their containers. We tidied up the veggie garden and cut down loads of Flox and Persicaria. Coffee time brought a Pumpkin Square with Cinamon, Nutmeg, Cloves and all spice (all my most hated things), but at least it's good for my diet! Because I didn't eat much though I felt a bit wibbly and had zero energy. I came home with some Persicaria, Fall Alliums, parsley and a lovely plant that begins with an S and has to be inside for the winter.

The work cat sitting on top of the tomato support

Huffle and I had lunch and watched part of This is England '88. Did I say this was funny before? I really like it but some of it is really quite hard hitting - we have to watch it in the day now and not at night. Pair of wusses!

This afternoon I went into the garden and put in some bulbs, took out the dahlias and other bulbs that won't over-winter, cut back a lot of dead stuff and raked all the leaves off the drive and onto the garden as a mulch. I was shattered and came in for a shower before I made dinner.

The boys came home and did homework and watched the Blue Jays (they lost BOOOOO) played a bit on the Wii and then we all had dinner. We tried to work out what Smallest could wear for Halloween. He has decided on Yoda and now I have the task of crocheting him a Yoda hat.

Smallest and Huffle went off to Smallest's first football training tonight. It started at 7pm but they wanted them there 15 minutes earlier for a meeting. A late night for Smallest.

Small and I stayed behind. Small watched a bit of the baseball and played on the Wii and I crocheted and cleared the kitchen and the washing whilst watching Downton Abbey.

 

 

No comments: