Wednesday 21 October 2015

Two more weeks?

My design for our pumpkin

Smallest has a sty that has appeared on his left eye. I rubbed my wedding ring on it (old wives tale but has always worked with me if I feel one coming on) and I bathed it with warm salty water. Nothing worked so I asked the pharmacist today and he said that they normally go by themselves but I could try a teabag (which is exactly what NoCustard told me to do today). Smallest sat at the dinner table tonight wearing his teabag eye patch. Hopefully it soothes it.

This morning, Smallest went to school by himself as Small and I went to the hospital for what we hoped was his last appointment. On the way, Smallest was texting Moo to see if she wanted to go and see the new Star Wars film (we watched the trailer this morning). We were early for our appointment and sat and waited in the wrong X-Ray waiting room (because the person who registered us gave us the wrong map). Small was X-rayed and then we waited in another waiting room before being moved into a cubicle where we waited for the doctor. Small was worried that they had forgotten us so he made me stick my foot out of the curtain and wiggle it about so we would be seen. When the doctor came, her first question was 'have you had an X-ray?' she disappeared to look at it. Then she said "how long have you had the cast on?" and went off to answer her pager. At that point I knew that it wasn't completely healed. She wants him to keep his cast for another two weeks but to only wear it when he is playing sports or doing something where he thinks he might get hurt. When he is watching TV or working at school, he needs to take the cast off and exercise his hand. It was disappointing but not a too bad result I suppose. Small has been away from the piano for so long now and has a recital in just five weeks and his football starts at the end of this week too! He has a hospital appointment again for in two weeks time.

I took him back to school and explained to the Secretary and then came home. After a FaceTime with Moo and lunch with Huffle, I went to the forest and walked with NoCustard. We did the same trail as Monday and it was just as beautiful if not a little cool. When we arrived there were loads of police cars and a paramedic. We don't know if someone was being rescued or they were just practising as all the vehicles had bike racks but all the bikes were gone. We didn't see them in the forest.

After our walk I went shopping for food. The boys were just home when I got back and they helped to put the shopping away before emptying their bags and going on the Wii.

Huffle had a call from the school again today, while I was walking, from the Principal. Young Smallest had been hit again by the Bully. Apparently Smallest and his friends were playing football and the Bully came up and grabbed Smallest's friend and punched him. Smallest said he shouldn't have done it and he then grabbed Smallest, swung him around and punched him. The Principal said the reason he hit out was because the boys were calling him 'Stevie'. They call him this because he steals! (That's from the boys mouths, not the principal). Huffle kept her on the phone for a long time and told her that he wasn't happy with the situation and he would happily talk to the parents if she got them to the school. When Smallest came home we talked to him and Small (who was also there at the time). The stories from the Principal and the boys didn't quite match so Huffle left a message for her so he could tell her the boys updated story.

We had dinner, watched a bit of the baseball and then all went off to Basketball. Smallest played for the first hour and Small the second hour. They both use up a lot of energy and played well. This is such a great course for the kids, they are learning so much. I finished crocheting but need to sew it up.

 

 

No comments: