Thursday 22 October 2015

Not on sale

What a terrible nights sleep again. I felt sick with tummy ache and was really hot and we had a storm that was quite unexpected. Huffle ended up in the basement and when he finally came back, I moved upstairs to the loft because our heavily winterised bed was just too warm for me. Upstairs I grabbed a sheet, flung it on the bed and tried to sleep. When Aunty A was here last, I remember her saying she had to take the batteries out of the clocks because they were too loud. She was right, they sound awful. I slept on and off but still felt ill this morning.

Small slept with cast off and was surprised to find in the morning that he could straighten and bend his fingers without any pain. That's good. The boys went to school and Huffle and I went to the walk in doctors. I thought I had a water infection and Huffle thought he had an infection in his leg. What a pair. They actually called us together and asked if we wanted to be in the same room. (They obviously thought it was a shared infection!!). The doctor was lovely and talked to me first. He took my sample off to be tested which was normal and felt my tummy and asked me lots of questions. It seems I have the flu, which I guess looking back makes sense as I have had cold, cough, sore throats etc for about a month now on and off. Plenty of rest, liquid and paracetamol will do the job for me. Huffle does have an infection and has some cream. He needed some hyperallergenic soap so we popped to the Pharmacy after we picked up his prescription. The lady in the shop looked at our items, called out the price of each thing and then said "nothing is on sale you know this week?" Oh well I will postpone my headache and flu till next week then. Silly lady, I think she thought we'd won the lottery because we were buying things at full price.

We came home and I was installed on the sofa with a Hot Cranberry Juice, paracetamol and TV while Huffle went back to work. We need to slow down and make time for relaxing. Life is too hectic what with the boys after school activities and we have decided we will take it in turns taking them to their things rather than all going, giving the other person time to relax and recuperate. I also knitted a poppy for the wreath at the wool shop I go to on a Friday morning.

I stayed on the sofa most of the day until the boys came home. Small had managed well without his cast and played football (with it on) in gym. Most of his class was away today due to "flag football" being played. Smallest messed about with the new face paint we bought and and tried on his Yoda hat. Homework, showers, chore and Wii before dinner and then a Hobbit film until an early bedtime for us all. WE ARE TIRED AND WE NEED IT zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Lovely I look!

 

 

 

No comments: