Wednesday 27 December 2017

Fish and Chips one piece

We booked my flight last night and now it's definite. Planning begins.

A nice lie in for me and when I came downstairs all the clearing of the dishwasher and kitchen had begun and a load of washing put on by Huffle. I think he's trying to prove he can cope without me. The temperature today has been -19* (real feel -29*) with frost bite warnings.

This morning we ate breakfast, FaceTimed Grandma, the boys played on FIFA and we went out late morning to go and watch StarWars in the IMAX cinema. All singing and dancing without the 3D. Very loud and reverberated but still I nearly dozed off a couple times. Not because it didn't hold my attention, more because the seats were ultra comfy, though it was a little cool in there and the air conditioning set off my weeping eye! I thought the film was very good though I had forgotten that DarthVader was dead and I kept expecting him to turn up. I didn't like MarkHamils acting, he looked like a hobbit and CarrieFisher was awful. We took our own Christmas snacks but three hours later when we came out, we were hungry.

Huffle took us a for nice dinner. I had a wild mushroom risotto and some truffle fries. Delicious. We came home briefly and went out again for an evening at Taffs.

Taff is a Welsh lady I met about four/five years ago who introduced me to Suffolk at a British Expats party. We meet up occasionally for coffee or a walk. Her husband works in Vienna, her son is at Uni in Ottawa and her daughter is at uni in Wales. Taff travels all over to see them all. We had a nice night of drinks, food, chat and laughs. The boys played on the PlayStation in the basement and came up occasionally for food or drink. Suffolk was also there and her kids joined ours in the basement. We didn't get home until 10:30pm.

 

No comments: