Monday 18 December 2017

What's an Abacus

Smallest woke up too early but did get his daily reading done. Small got up too late and almost missed the bus. Thank goodness his bus driver is nice as he stopped before Small even got to the stop today. Smallest played outside in the snow (oh yes it did snow and it carried on ALL day) and I stayed with him until I was too cold in my dressing gown and newly knit slippers from MrsChristmas.

Moo, Huffle and I had breakfast and then we cleared the table and started wrapping Christmas presents. It took us all morning and two pots of coffee to get the majority of it done, plus numerous boxes to hide things in. I still have Moo's to do plus a few more that I found after we put everything away.

The tree is nicely full of presents now. We stopped for lunch and Moo and I watched a Bancroft episode whilst eating. We had a visit from MrsChristmas who brought back my gloves and container and had a look at our tree. She liked it.

This afternoon Moo and I made pasta dough (with a wee bit of trouble) and rolled it out to make Lasagne sheets. We made beef Lasagne for the boys and veggie Lasagne for us. The boys came home and did homework. Smallest had some Maths homework which I have to have a go at once he's done his part. It was worded ridiculously and I really struggled to understand it. I had to talk it through with Huffle. I think I've done it right but who knows!!! I put a PS on it for the teacher to say 'this hurt my my brain :)

After dinner, Huffle took Smallest to football practice. Both boys decided not to go to Cubs tonight as they were sharing the evening with the little beavers. Smallest got to his practice and realised he had the wrong shoes (it was an indoor gym session and he had football boots/cleats) so they came home. Poor Smallest was so upset but I blame myself for keeping him out so late last night.

Moo and I played Skip-Bo and Small played FIFA until the others came home. Moo, Smallest and I went for a snowy evenings walk and Huffle played with Small.

 

 

No comments: