Tuesday 8 September 2015

And I said to Apple...

Eleven weeks of Summer with the kids is over. Awwwww, I had lots of fun with them this year. I will miss them. I will of course, not miss them squabbling but I'm sure they will continue that when they get home. This morning I was not awoken by Small, as he wasn't up in time. I had to wake him up. Smallest was downstairs when I came down and I asked him if would have woken me "I don't think I even thought about it Mummy" he said innocently. Oh right! They both helped me with breakfast and lunches and while Smallest was gelling his hair, Smallest put both their bags and shoes next to the front door. What a good boy he is.

I took the obligatory photo of them standing outside with their bags and had to force them not to pull a weird face (though they actually look sad rather than the normal silly look they have). Perhaps they were sad to leave me pah! The bus came five minutes early and we were lucky to be ready. I posted their photo on Facebook only to then see photos of friends kids from England. Oh boy, did they look different in their lovely smart uniforms. That shows how much more casual the school system is here.

I went off to work and spent three hours (apart from the long coffee break) in the greenhouse. With temperatures today in the region of high 20's - I was melting. I still have a sore throat and I don't know if my weariness is from the heat or my 'virus'. We spent the time taking cuttings of pelargoniums. I think I have now cut every Pelargonium ever created. Good job I like the smell. Coffee break came with Toasted Pecan Brown Sugar Chocolate Chunk Shortbread (try saying that with it in your mouth). I'm having that recipe - they were melt in the mouth scrumalicious.

The boys garden is growing so well. My feet are in the photos to show the size of the squash!

I had lunch at home with Huffle whilst FaceTiming Moo. I managed to get a dentist appointment (for my broken tooth) for Monday afternoon and changed my eye test appointment from Friday (going out for lunch with Knitting Ladies) to Tuesday afternoon.

I left Huffle waiting for the bus as the boys finished school an hour early (just today) and went off and did some food shopping (plus I had instructions to buy a lock for Small's locker - which he mentioned this morning. Honestly, all Summer and he tells me me this morning!).

When I got back Small was just leaving to walk to his friends house but I told him if he helped me with the shopping, I would drive him. I left Smallest emptying the bags. After some tablet playing, Smallest decided he was going to soak his football playing weary legs (and washed 'Smelly' too).

I told Smallest that Smelly had been zip lining down my washing line and upsetting the pegs!!

After dinner Huffle and I discussed 'the kitchen' and decided to go for an ikea trip later in the week to suss out the kitchens. I chatted to my friend here about her experiences with Ikea so we know what to expect and we spoke to MrBasement to find out when he was free.

Smallest went to bed with very achey legs and after a long talk with Huffle we worked out he had been playing a lot of football today but not drinking any water despite the fact it was a very hot day. Silly bear.

We had a big chat about school today and we learnt that Smallest is in a class of Grade 3's (including himself) and Grade 4's and there were 17 girls (yuk) and 7 boys. He is at a set of desks with one of his best friends and the rest are silly girls (except the one that is his friend and she is quiet). His teacher is nice but he thinks he doesn't like him and they spent all day decorating their classroom and doing Art.

Small had his locker stolen from him by one of his friends and he was a little upset about it but happier once I had given him a lock - he can get a new locker tomorrow. He is happy with his desk arrangement as he is sitting with his two best friends. He is in a split class with Grade 7's (including himself) and 8's (their final year there). His teacher has told him to set aside 45 minutes a day for homework (BOOOO his words). He started work today on an assignment.

This is our latest chilli which we picked off today. They are ripening very quickly now.

 

 

No comments: