Wednesday 30 September 2015

Garlic Slipper

All the noise that occurred in the early hours of Saturday morning was in fact an accident, just doors away from us, into a telegraph pole. Ahhh that explains it all now.

The boys went off to school in fleeces today (still with shorts on though) as it started out quite cool but the sun was really hot late afternoon and early evening. Grandad went into the garden and painted his pallets, mended Frank III's cat flap (it wasn't a cat flap really just a piece of flappy wood on the big gate, strimmed around the mail box and Jungle Gym and mowed the grass. Huffle worked, took calls and occasionally checked on Grandad's progress and helped when required. Grandma rested her back and helped with the washing.

I went to aerobics and took MrsRoyal with me. It was a good workout today (well it always is really especially when ExcerciseNic reads this ;). When I got back and showered, I did three loads of washing and put most of it of the line to dry once the sun came out. I also made three jellies for Small's birthday tomorrow.

After lunch and a FaceTime with Moo, Grandad and I went to Suffolks house and picked up four slabs and then went to Quiches (Grandad's friend) place of work to fetch two pallets. He gave us a tour around his cabinetry making and we had a long chat. Grandad is going out with him next Friday and I persuaded Quiche to keep him overnight so we don't have to deal with his silliness the next day - ha good thinking - that's got to be a brownie point from Grandma surely!

Quiche's number plate.

We popped into a supermarket on the way home and picked up provisions for Small's cake which I am now making tomorrow. Grandad didn't come in with me as he needed to get some money and when I came out he was missing. I looked around and saw a Beer Store and guessed that's where he was hiding - he was!

We came home and Huffle and Grandad emptied the car and Grandma and I made dinner. Just an eat up and heat up tonight as Smallest had his first basketball session. I dropped the Garlic Aioli all over my slipper (I think Grandad wished it to happen as he doesn't like it - Bad Grandad).

Basketball was excellent and Grandad, Huffle and I were suitably entertained and impressed by the coach. He quickly established some ground rules and some whistle rules and didn't take any nonsense, despite the fact that the were kids who did not listen! Smallest really enjoyed it and when I told the coach that Small had broken his finger and would be away for three to four weeks, he told me to bring him along and he would find things for him to do with his other hand.

Back home, kids to bed, pot of tea and the Great British Bake Off. Lovely.

 

No comments: