Thursday 24 September 2015

It's a known fact you shrink in an aeroplane*

My morning, after the boys went to school, consisted of sweeping, swiffing, mopping and cleaning bathrooms. I know how to live!

My afternoon wasn't much better as I had a dentist appointment to remove my temporary filling and my original filling, smooth my broken tooth and add another filling. Oh joy. Actually it wasn't too bad, apart from the fact I had a whole hand or two in my mouth and my gag reflex was on overdrive! I was only in there for half an hour and even though I had a lopsided face, I went and had a cup of mint tea with Suffolk before returning home.

I saw Huffle pass by in the car as I approached home on his way to the airport to pick up our chocolate package Grandma and Grandad. Their plane was delayed in England because they needed to clear the drain from the galley. Huffle was late because of bad traffic, they weren't allowed off the plane because there were problems with the ramp and eventually Huffle retrieved them an hour late.

The boys and I had dinner ready and they played on their tablets and we played football whilst waiting. Lots of hugs, kisses and some dinner and a cup of tea and then the bags were opened.

WOW I think they surpassed all previous deliveries. Apparently we asked for all that. Grandad had fun at the supermarket but got a few looks!

Grandma gave us some of our Christmas presents because she was too excited and we set up a Benidorm Jar for taking $2 for everytime Grandad mentions his naughty boy drunken binge of a mad holiday. I shall be giving a total each day of what we received (the boys are in charge of collecting funds).

*Small wanted to see if Grandma was now smaller than him in height. We stood them back to back and Grandma said "well I might have shrunk, it's a well known fact that you shrink when you have been in an Aeroplane". Silly Grandma!

Smallest has his drinking buddy back

 

 

2 comments:

Corinne said...

Love, love, love the photo of Grandma with her arms round Small.. she must miss them so much but how extra special your time when they visit xx

Corinne

Unknown said...

Such smiley faces ..... Lovely x