Tuesday 29 September 2015

Tool Drool

Everyone got up early in order to get to the Achievement Assembly today. In fact, although we waited until the kids had got on the bus, we were still at the school earlier than most of the kids. In the gym there were only two rows of chairs so we knew that there wasn't going to be too many awards handed out. Small received his award for 'responsibility' and he mainly hid his face behind his award so I couldn't take a photo of him, the little monkey! We took up half of the front row. Today's Assembly was 'Orange Shirts' and was regarding the aboriginal Residential schooling. Apparently the First Nations children's were sent to a residential school where they were not treated too well and were regarded as second class citizens. Later I was told (by a Canadian) that really the schools were run by nuns who knew no better and tried to teach the 'heathens' more Christianity because they knew no better. Basically they were treated no better or worse than any other country who has native people whether that is wrong or right and only now are they trying to make it right by educating the present children and counselling the affected adults. Anyway, there was a video by a man who was very boring with a monotone voice. My mind was wandering so how they expected the kids to listen and understand is beyond me!

My Responsible Cheeky Monkey

As soon as we got back, I rushed off to work. I was about to get a call from MrsM to tell me to come for coffee even if I couldn't manage the rest of the morning, which is nice. Jeff was there today and we spent our time in the greenhouse taking cuttings of Salvia and Pelargoniums. I came home with three Begonias as house plants and a Monarda which is a brand new one. We like these as the Hummingbirds feed from them.

The boys Squash Garden and some squash bigger than my feet plus one of their prize Dahlias
Two little tree frogs and a dinosaur bug

Back home we all and lunch. Grandad had been busy cutting and painting pallets, Grandma had been making Apple Pie and preparing veggies for dinner and Huffle had been working and keeping Grandma company. I took Grandad back to work and we picked up some pallets and brought them home and put them in the barn to dry out. I took Grandad to Home Depot and watched him drool over all the tools (it reminded me of Homer Simpson and his doughnuts). We bought more paint, handles, brackets and tried to find hose attachments (but were unsuccessful this time).

On the way home we picked up some wine and cider. The boys were home and Smallest was busy doing his homework. Small played on his tablet and Wii and Grandma was busy making dinner which was lovely and we had apple crumble made from our pickings at the weekend.

Tonight's sky.

 

 

No comments: