Thursday 7 January 2016

Black Eyed Little Pea

Last night I dreamt that I was in a chip shop (so classy) with Small, but he was Smallest's age and size, and we were just ordering the last portion of chips when four Eastern European men came in, pushed me aside and sat on Small so they could get the last portion. I was really angry and about to punch one of them when I woke up. I wonder what that's about! (Huffle says I'm a nutcase).

Smallest's black eye

When the boys went to school, Moo and I headed out. Today we went to the Mall for a birthday present for a party Smallest is at on Saturday, and a general look around. We got the present really quickly and then had a look in Sears because I have some money to spend in there form previous points saved. I found just what I was looking for until I realised I didn't have the points card with me. So annoying. Now we have to go back another day. I took Moo out for lunch at one of my favourite cafes where we indulged in a cup of Roasted Red Pepper Soup, Grown Up Grilled Cheese Sndwich (pear and Gouda on Pumpernickel bread), a spinach salad and a piece of lemon cake and Mandarin & Blueberry cake which we shared. It was lovely.

We popped into a couple of supermarkets on the way home for a few bits and then drove home. Unfortunately I got stopped by the Police for speeding (though in my defence I was just trying to get round two silly drivers who were in the outside lane and shouldn't have been!!!!). Apparently I was doing 91km (which is really only 56.5mph) in a construction zone. I should have been doing 60 ( though I didn't know that, have since learnt that is what is expected in a construction zone, though there weren't any workers there or vehicles......). The policewoman should have fined me $400 but reduced it to a non-construction zone and put my speed down to 70. I ended up being fined $40 and I am very grateful. She told me to remember that all East to West roads around the 407 were construction zones at the moment and were considered to be 60 limit. I informed her I had no idea where East or West was (she probably thought I was an idiot. NO, JUST ENGLISH WHERE WE DONT REALLY DO EAST AND WEST BECUASE OUR ROADS ARE WIGGLY!). I drove home doing the exact speed limit which was excruciatingly slow but I learnt my lesson (if only for today!).

Back home Moo put the shopping away, Huffle paid my fine and I rang MrBasement about the kitchen. He is supposed to be doing someone else's basement but is ringing them tonight. If all goes well, he could be with us next week EEEEEK!

Moo and I went for a walk before the kids came home and I did over my 10,000 steps again by 3:30pm. We bumped into ClownRose and she told me how much her BabyMo (not a baby, must give her another name) just talked about Smallest non-stop. Yesterday she said she didn't understand why she liked him so much and he smelt so good. Funny girl.

Moo and I made burgers for dinner. They were yummy and we had them with salad. The boys played on the Wii and we played cards.

Sun setting

 

 

No comments: