Tuesday 12 January 2016

my #awesome boys!

It snowed overnight and left about 4" of snow everywhere. The drive was completely covered and Huffle cleared half of it. Moo and I cleared the other half much later on. The boys went to school and the bus was delayed but at least it came.

I bought them these hats (#awesome) for Christmas and I just wanted a nice photo of them. They are very silly!
The boys waiting for the late bus. I have no idea what they are doing!

Moo and I braved the unploughed roads in Huffles car and went to get some food shopping. The roads weren't too good and I felt the added of pressure of driving Huffles 'precious' in the snow. On the way there the sky was a beautiful fluffy cloudy blue with bright sunshine and by the time we came out of the empty supermarket (apparently everyone else got their shopping yesterday because they knew the snow was coming) it was foggy, grey and starting to snow again. Luckily we followed a plough which helped us on our way. Then we cleared the drive when we got back. It was quite mild but very wet snow falling. It was easy to clear though as it was quite light. The drive was already covered again before we had finished but at least the bulk of it has been cleared, ready for the next dump.

We had lunch and watched a bit of Kevin McClouds Grand Designs Abroad. The rim for my car had not arrived at the garage (something to do with the weather) so Moo and I walked there, picked up the car and brought it home. They will call me when it arrives.

The start of our walk was lovely, with crisp crunchy snow underfoot and a light sprinkling from above with bright sunshine again (hence the squinting and sunglasses).

Then all of a sudden it changed and it was blustery, cold, artic and deep.

Huffle went off in the car to the dentist (no cavities - good boy) and Moo and I made a Broccoli and Blue Cheese soup for dinner plus an extra Leek and Potato soup in case Smallest didn't like the broccoli one. It turned out that Small didn't want the broccoli one but Smallest did - Pah! Moo and I managed a couple of Skip-Bo games and when the boys came home they played on the Wii after they put their clothes away, had a snack and emptied their bags.

Smallest and Huffle went off to football and Small, Moo and I played Monopoly until we were bored and we declared Small the winner just so he would have his shower! The weather got worse and the snow came down in drifts and squirly squalls.

A penalty by Smallest - it went in YAY!

Showers, Jigsaw, TV, tea and bed zzzzzzzzzzz

 

No comments: