Friday 15 January 2016

Snow Pyjamas

I think we must have had more snow during the night because the drive was completely covered again and I'm sure I got up in the night and looked out of the window and the road was covered too. After the boys went to school and Huffle disappeared into his bunker, Moo started clearing the drive. I would have helped her straight away but she decided to clear in her pj's and I went to get changed first. Of course by the time I came down, she had almost finished. She likes it! That's lucky because one of her English friends emailed today and said there was snow there!

Moo and I then drove to Port Perry and spent the day there, browsing shops, drinking coffee, meeting NoCustard and MrsM and having a lovely lunch of garlic naan and Morrocon Lentil Soup and Butternut Soup - beautiful. We also went in search of Tea-towels again. I am convinced that Canada doesn't really use them as they seem so rare to find. Don't worry Yahoo, I found an alternative for now.

We were a bit early for our Granite appointment so we went into a few different shops while we were waiting. A furniture shop where we pretended we were looking for a chair and a vintage shop that was interesting, mainly because the vintage things here in Canada are slightly different to the things you find in Britain, in fact I don't think I saw much that I remembered apart from those little whimsies.

Our appointment with the granite lady was very successful but very stressful. Firstly she worked out our square footage which came substantially lower than Huffles and MrBasements calculations, therefore making the quote so much cheaper. Had we been given this figure in the first place we would have stuck with our first choice but having seen our first choice sample today, it wasn't quite how I remembered it. The granite we have chosen is one that changes dramatically depending on the piece you choose at the granite place itself. This place is 45 minutes drive away and we have to now go on Saturday after football to chose the one we want. Some of them have brown shades in, some green and some black so it's important we pick the right one. Anyway, we have paid for it now and the templater is due on Friday morning to take the final measurements when the base cupboards should be firmly in.

Back home, Huffle had finished the last cupboard and taken off all the doors and shelves, knobs and hinges from the existing cupboards. Moo and I made dinner and emptied the cupboards, there is stuff everywhere, I have no idea what we are going to do for the week.

Sad empty kitchen apart from the lemon curd I just made
Stuff piled up in the living room!

Small and Huffl went off to football leaving Moo and I emptying the last of the cupboards and playing on the Wii with Smallest. We made Moo play pool, fishing, shooting and find the odd Mii out.

 

1 comment:

Sarah Tomson said...

Ha I actually thought that picture was of the new cupboards already in - it looks lovely to me....save some money and put them back lol xx