Wednesday 6 January 2016

Stepping on Cheese Dumplings

Today's ice patterns on the window

The temperature warmed up a bit today starting at -11 and getting to 0* by midday. The rest of the week and weekend is supposed to be positive figures, as much as 4* on Saturday - maybe I will get my lakeside walk after all.

The boys went to school, Huffle disappeared into the basement office and Moo and I went to aerobics. It was hard work. New year, new routine, OUCH, it was difficult and instead of weights this week, she had us doing yoga which I have decided I'm not a fan of anymore. My step band said we had only done 2,500 steps but really only counted the first half an hour. Floor work obviously doesn't work well with the band. Never mind, I'm sure we burnt lots of calories.

At home we had showers, coffee, caught up on emails and put some washing on (well Moo did the washing, I just watched her ha!). We peeled and chopped copious amounts of vegetables and made a Veggie Stew and a Beef Stew which we cooked all afternoon and then made some cheese dumplings and rice pudding.

Moo and I played a few rounds of Skip-Bo and went for a walk for 3/4 hour. I did my 10,000 by 4:30pm. We met the boys off the bus after our walk and they played on the Wii while we snook in another Skip-Bo game until dinner time. After dinner we played Alhambra - Huffle won.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad Moo finally got to see some snow! Next month on Sock Knitters Anonymous there's a Literary theme, I have a couple of patterns lined up but your comment about Middle Earth made me visit the LOTR socks in my queue! I have two in mind, this one is free on Ravelry http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/aragorn-english , not sure if you're a member there, and then this one is free on Knitty, an external site: http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEw14/PATTtauriel/PATTtauriel.php Maybe all that purling will put me off though! I shall make a LOTR themed sock in February and dedicate it to you!!

Hugs
Brenda

famfa said...

Yes she is a bit happier but was actually getting used to the weather.

Love both of those socks on the link. I might have to try one though they look tricky.
I look forward to your February sock

Thanks
Sam