Tuesday 19 January 2016

Off Moo goes

Another early morning. Once downstairs I looked at the kitchen table (the only piece of kitchen furniture) which was completely full. The boys wanted porridge and poached egg for breakfast. Ummmm, where's the saucepan, where's an egg, where are the bowls. Nightmare. We made it, except the egg broke and became watery and Smallest ended up with an apple instead. Lunch was made and the boys were packed off on the bus. Huffle ate his porridge in front of his laptop in his basement bunker and Moo and I perched on the end of the only kitchen furniture and ate our toast.

MrBasement arrived around 9am carrying two huge pieces of drywall which he then started putting on the walls filling in all the holes he had made. We decided he would change all the plugs sockets with newer more modern looking ones and Moo and I went out on an errand to fetch some. We also managed a trip to the cafe for a coffee and a little something. Back at home, we started to help bring up some cupboards ready for the top ones being fitted, had our lunch, cleared up some mess and then we started to hang the upper cupboards. This proved trickier than it should have been because we have a 'bulkhead'. We don't know if this was built on top of the original cupboards or it hides pipework. The 'bulkhead' isn't straight and dips down which means the cupboards can't be hung as high as I would have liked. I asked that question "what would happen if.........." and then I made MrB all concentratey and Huffle all worried and Moo all concerned and I got my stressy head back. I have had a three day headache and am convinced it is because of stress.

I had to take Moo to the airport mid-afternoon so I left Huffle and MrB to it, giving them full permission to go ahead and not alter anything. MrB was very good today and helped me realise that by looking at one cupboard (a corner one that stuck out much farther than any we had previously) plus a cooker in the middle of the floor and a fridge in the wrong place did not make it look very good. When I got back from taking Moo and saw all the cupboards in place at the top, I felt better. He is even offering to build me some tiny shelves at the end where there is a gap.

I normally go in with Moo at departures and have a coffee and a chat and wave her through her gate but today she was happy for me to leave her and get back before it got dark. The traffic wasn't too bad either way and I got back on time to help Huffle clean up and the start dinner. The boys were happily on the Wii and we all had dinner watching a film. Huffle and Smallest went to football practice and Small and I packed his bag for his trip. He is very excited. He is off to StDonat in Quebec. I think there are three schools going ,all Grade 7. He has a pocket money and all his snowboarding gear. He is a lucky boy. Afterwards we played on the Wii together and I washed up (still no dishwasher or sink) while he showered.

Smallest had a good practice. The big news at the football club is that our club has refused to play the ones we played on Saturday and they have been reported! Oh dear. I also heard that one of the players stood on one of our players legs and said he would break it next time. Good riddance to bad rubbish! The football practice is going to be on Mondays and Tuesdays from now on which means Smallest will have to give up some of his Cubs meetings. That's a shame because he does like it but he says football comes first.

 

 

No comments: