Tuesday 5 January 2016

You only win when I leave the room

More pretty ice patterns on the window

It was another bitingly cold day with beautiful sunshine but temperatures of around -22 with the windchill. Once the boys had gone to school, Moo and I went food shopping. We got there just as the shop was opening, I always forget they don't open early here.

Food shopping was easy as the place was fairly empty until we got to the Christmas part where people were grabbing rolls of Christmas paper which was just 74c (that's less than 35pence people!!!!). So we have wrapping paper for next year plus I managed to buy a couple of Christmas presents (yes already).

We rewarded our good work with a cup of coffee at the little coffee place down the road (driving distance, as is everything) and came home to put the stuff away. Today the IKEA delivery was due between 1pm and 5pm so we decided to go for an hours walk in case we had to stay in all afternoon.

It was an invigorating walk, very cold but lovely and we only went around the village but I got in my 10,000 steps which is good. Moo and I made Meatballs and Beetballs for dinner and a found a novel way to keep our beetballs in shape (AA take note). We put them in silicone cake cases and baked them. They kept their shape and cooked well (then we put them in our sauce in the oven which did make them fall apart anyway).

To make us sit down until the delivery came, Moo and I played Skip-Bo, which was interrupted by IKEA calling on the phone three times and they finally delivered at 3:15pm. We asked them to put all the boxes in the basement and we soon realised that by taking the insect mesh off the window we could get most of the boxes through there. There was one man in the van moving stuff to the back, me taking them from the van and posting them through the open window, delivery man on the basement stairs taking them off me and putting them in the basement, Moo reading off numbers from the boxes and Huffle, in between taking calls, marking them off our order form (I took over the marking off when I couldn't pick the boxes up anymore as they got heavier). The men were very nice and thanked me for helping them and said we had three days to check everything but we finished about five minutes after they were gone. There was nothing missing and if anything, we have an extra hinge.

109 pieces apparently

The boys came home while we were still unloading and helped to move the kitchen table back in place (we moved it to make space) and set it for dinner before going on the Wii. Moo and I finished off dinner and Huffle continued working. We also started clearing and making space in the pantry for when I have to empty all the cupboards. I know MrBasement is not back from his trip yet but you never know!

After dinner, all the boys went to football for Smallest's training. Small went along to help and ended up playing. Coach gave him another t-shirt for all his help today and with filming.

Brother vs brother

Moo and I stayed at home and watched 'and then there were none' and some of the new Sound of Music - we sang along!

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely pic of the icicles, busy day from the sound of it x. Is Small holding Smallest off with his arm? And how flippin tall is he!!

famfa said...

Flippin' tall! Yes x