Tuesday 26 January 2016

Jonny 7

That damn train came through the Hamlet again at 2.30am ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH. I think I woke up as it honked a few times and then went back to sleep but it woke me again as it passed over our road. It woke Small and Huffle too.

The boys argued before school and while they were waiting for the bus and then they were gone Whooosh. Huffle had a tough day at his desk and I went out to Suffolks house. After a cup of tea and a chat, we went off to 'Solutions' to find solutions to my kitchen and her CD's. We then went for lunch and met a lovely women who chatted to us about living in Canada (she thought we were Australian). After lunch we went tile shopping. We went in many shops including Home Depot where we made the staff laugh a lot due to our silly questions. We also went to an expensive tile shop to get some ideas. I wanted cream coloured subway tiles originally and have looked at many different and lovely tiles. At the end of it all I have decided I definitely want cream coloured subway tiles - hurrah. Suffolk bought me some wine charms for my new stemless wine glasses (I was moaning before Christmas that my charms I made don't fit on the new glasses).

After dropping Suffolk off at home, I came back and started on dinner (plus I used my Solutions solutions which worked very well in the new drawers to organise things nicely). The boys came home and were very silly and loud. They FaceTimed Moo while I prepared dinner (Fishcakes) and then spoke to her myself when they went off to do homework. I gave her a tour of the kitchen. Huffle FaceTimed Grandma and Gradad earlier and gave them a tour too. It is their 45th Wedding Anniversary and Huffle made them pose for a special photo.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY G&G

After dinner, the boys put away their clothes and played on the Wii before Smallest and I went to football practice. I got a ticking off from the coach for not turning up five minutes earlier (not that I knew I should) and I heard the news that another coach was joining from another club and a second team was being created (I think we have heard that before but they never seem to find any other kids who are good enough or who want to play).

Huffle and Small stayed at home and cried over the fact that Stoke are out of the League Cup. BOO HOO, maybe if they supported their home team, they might be a bit happier! They played on the Wii.

Tonight it snowed and the snow in the full beam of my headlights made it look like Star Wars hyperspace. It was very off putting and mesmerising.

 

No comments: