Friday 5 February 2016

Judge my pants

I've never been one for keeping the kids off school becuase of a cold but when I heard Smallest coughing like a seal like night and him asking for Vicks on his chest, I told him if he felt bad in the morning he could stay in bed. This morning his door was closed and behind it he was propped up on pillows reading his Beano. He had decided he didn't want to go today and he stayed in bed resting for another hour. I took him up a hot lemon, ginger and honey (Smallest style - which means I strained the ginger and added more honey), called the school and text ClownRose to let her know that BabyMo would not have her chaperone on the bus today (I was hoping Small would step up instead but he passed the responsibility to his friends sister).

After I packed Small off (who grumpily said 'why do I have to go when he gets to stay home?' And then told me how good his immune system was because he suffered with Strep Throat for so many years. There's your answer then!), Smallest had his bowl of milkless Cheerios in front of the TV and then went and had a warm bath with Epsom salts, bubbles and Vicks.

I left him with his tablet (Huffle was in the basement working) and went out and picked up some groceries. Smallest came out as soon as I drove up and helped me take out the shopping and put it away. He is a good boy. We played a game of Q-bitz and then all had lunch. We started a film about a boy who helped homeless people. Huffle sneaked off back to work, I did some knitting and Smallest got bored so we did a Scooby Doo jigsaw. More tablet, more knitting and then we watched the snow and the carnival judges came and judged our Summer Themed Competition. They took a lot of photos and wrote something down and then they were gone. There obviously weren't many people who entered as much later there was a message to say that the judging would be extended till Sunday but for those who had already been judged, we can take ours down. Huffle thinks this is an injustice (but they did the same last year too and we still got a place). He is just grumpy and says the Workd Cup doesn't work like that. If you don't turn up, you don't get to play and if you don't play, you can't win!

It's gone quite cold today with temperatures around -3 but feeling like -6. The snow was really big and fluffy and slow falling.

I think Snallest has positioned himself so he can see when Small gets home - awwww

Small came home. Today was Sprint Day and they had to do a lot of running in Gym this afternoon.

I think they missed each other

After dinner, Small and Huffle went for their football practice. Smallest and I finished our film. I am now feeling quite rough, hot, cold, sneezing, coughing and sore throat. Boooo. Smallest had a salt gargle, a hot lemon, ginger and lemon and some painkillers all before bed. Hopefully that will get him through the night and feeling much better tomorrow. He missed out on a movie night tonight for the Winter Carnival. He has a football game tomorrow and he really wants to play but we will have to see how he is.

 

No comments: