Tuesday 16 February 2016

Line minimising laughter

Huffle told me, before we went to sleep, that I always take the quilt and blanket away from him while I sleep. I maintain the bed is on a slant, like much of the house, and that the bedding obviously just falls away naturally. Anyway, despite this, I spent a portion of my night carefully moving the quilt back over to his side. Silly Huffle and his crazy thoughts.

It snowed during the night and although there wasn't a huge amount, everywhere was white and it carried on snowing for the majority of the day. The bus wasn't cancelled or delayed much to the annoyance of the boys who went to school as normal. What they don't understand is that even if the bus doesn't come, they will still go to school, just that we will have to walk instead!

I should have shopped but I waited for the plough to clear the road and it didn't until mid afternoon so I went into the loft instead and started organising, tidying and clearing. Before I even started though, I got a lovely FaceTime from Yahoo which was a wonderful surprise. We had a nice chat and a laugh as always and we found a way to laugh that doesn't make lines!!!! I did a good job on the loft and worked hard until lunchtime, when I stopped and had lunch with Huffle while we watched Gotham.

This afternoon I hoovered, cleaned a bathroom, did some washing and some drying and folding and finished the loft. I now have a pile of things I need to sew, my sewing project for my quilting class, some knitting I need to finish and I found Smallest's homework folder that he lost a while ago.

Huffle and I cleared the drive of snow. It was quite thick and wet but easily moveable. Still hard work though. The boys came home and had had an 'okay day'. Nothing spectacular seemed to have happened. They did their homework while I made Fish Cakes for dinner.

MrBasement popped by to bring new wood and take away the old. This is for the kicker boards at the bottom of the cupboards. We are painting it black and then he will custom cut it (I feel like I have already written this) and attach it. We are hoping black is the right colour. We want it to almost disappear. If it's not right, we will re-paint it.

After dinner, Smallest and Huffle went to football practice. The Coach asked for the team to be there 20 minutes before the normal practice to have a meeting. I was very sceptical that he had THAT much to say but they went anyway. Five minutes of chat to tell them that they needed to listen, practice and do well if they want to be in the first team (at the moment they don't have any other players to have a second team but there you go!). My theory is that he wanted them there 20 minutes earlier because he doesn't like it when people turn up at the time of the practice. WHATEVER!

I sat and did the jigsaw puzzle while Small played on the Wii and I had a game with him later.

 

No comments: