Sunday 27 November 2011

NEW CARS AND TALL BUILDINGS

It has been a difficult day today.  It was my turn to have a wobble.  I woke up feeling sad and then I read an email from a very dear friend in the UK, and although she was being very helpful and supportive, it made me even sadder.  I got lots of cuddles from my three boys which helped although I can't really explain to the small ones why I'm sad.

We went off to the airport this morning to take back the Big Biffa Car and collect two more less Biffa Cars.  I could tell that Huffle was struggling to keep it together.  (The hire people were being a bit troublesome).  In fact later on he told me that he wished we'd had our bags there so we could go home.  NO - this is not supposed to happen.  We are only allowed one wobble at a time.  That was the deal.  One wobble, the other sorted them out.  Oh boy, this is sooooooo hard.

The boys were as good as gold waiting for us.

We took our new Hire cars and drove into a Toronto Mall and caught the subway into Downtown Toronto (Tur-Ron-oh).

I had no idea what car I was driving, what it looked and probably wouldn't remember where I parked it so I took a photo and tried to remember the number plate.  Small and I came up with .......


Big momma kicks butt


Small and Smallest were very excited to go on a train which helped to lift our spirits, seeing their little excited faces.

When we came out of the station Small's face when he saw the huge tall buildings was "awesome".
It was so cloudy we couldn't see the top of the CN Tower


We liked the gold building - is it really made of gold????

CN Tower between two skyscrapers

The boys at Lake Ontario
"Can we go on a boat across the lake Mummy" they asked.  "oh no" said Mummy "I'm not good on boats and it looks a little choppy, can we wait till Summer?"

A really big dog - watch out Smalls. 


Small and I went in my BMKB car, we got on to the Express Way by mistake but I quickly realised that that was the best place to be, quick, speedy. Small navigated me home very well using my GPS which ran out of charge ten minutes from home, but we got there and saw a deer in the dark - NO I didn't hit it (before you ask!).Smallest went with Huffle and they got lost. Huffle has a good sense of direction though and they got home eventually. 

Boys have been showered, sitting in front of the TV with a sandwich and a pot of Jello. They are happy.Huffle and I are sitting drinking a cup of tea - we are feeling a little bit better.

Also just had a lovely phone call from America.  Aunty Plant and Uncle Dermott are there visiting Huffle's cousin Mr & Mrs Miami.  It was good to hear their voices and Huffle had a long heart to heart with both Aunty Plant and cousin Miami.  


Hope tomorrow is better.  Huffle is off to work and Small and Smallest are at school - Keep busy Mummy, they will be home soon enough.


3 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

I used to work right beside the gold and the other building. My office was on the 50th floor and I had a view of those buildings and the lake. I loved it and miss it very much...the view not the job:)

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed for everyone today with work and school, and also for you, being on your own for the first time. It's not an easy thing what you're doing, I still feel sad and quite lonely at times 17 1/2 years later! Lol, but that's not making you feel any better is it! Ontario is such a beautiful place in any other season apart from Winter! I think if you'd arrived at the start of summer you'd feel a bit different because there's so many places to go and explore and so many things to do you wouldn't have time to feel homesick. Keep your chin up and get out there and get some crafty shopping done. Take some time to enjoy the things that you like too, as when the house is ready and the container arrives you'll be so busy you won't have time for anything else!

Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Famfa - if anyone can do it you, Huffle, Small and Smalles will. There must be a song saying "it won't be easy" but I promise you will get there!! Keep busy - each night before you go to bed you must have a plan of what you are doing the following day to wake up with each morning - get a chalk board and write on it what you are going to do! We are all here for you and supporting you all of the way.

Everett xxx

Ps Love the motor!