Tuesday 8 November 2011

Up up and away

Flights are booked. 20 November 12midday. The funny thing is, it's cheaper to book a return flight than it is to book a single. How silly is that? Trust me, Huffle looked everywhere and tried everything.


Had a shopping trip today with MIL Dragon.   We started in John Lewis with a coffee (Grandad was there - he had a latte - ooh look at him! - he got froth on his lip and we didn't tell him for a while. MIL thought John Lewis was so posh that they wiped the froth off one's lip for you!!!!).

They always decorate John Lewis so beautifully

They must have a very tall man who puts these up


I started to take photos of the things I liked so I could tell Huffle what to buy me, but the lights and decorations were so lovely I got carried away.

I thought I could make this

i absolutely love these bowls - so heavy - so breakable - booooo

but then again, they do them in a smaller size - ummmmm

these were door stops - I thought they would look nice in the boys rooms!  -  Could I make them? 
Probably not.



MIL Dragon bought us a lovely sign for our new house,

It says "home is where the story begins"

........ but said we must hang it 'wherever we are' so I will pack it in my hand luggage and hang it over the seat in front of me on the plane. I'm sure the person in front won't mind! Then I will hang it in our rental house until we move into our REAL house.

Talking of which, here are some photos of our rental house for those who want to imagine us in situ.




Its very small.  It's very temporary but the lady who owns this house has already offered to show me around and take me grocery shopping. Ah that's nice.

And this is how I will dress my Christmas table when we finally get to our new home - he he he


Bless my Huffle, he has been working really hard today.  Piling through tons of paperwork AGAIN.  He's done sooo much!

My head is "all a fuddle".  Huffle and I have been working through an Inventory to price up all our belongings that are being shipped for insurane purposes - AAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH.

I keep being asked "Is it becoming a bit more real yet for you?"  The honest answer is NO.  ....and to be even more honest - I don't know when it will!


1 comment:

Mary Ann Tate said...

Don't buy too much stuff....you'll just have to ship it:( ....and there are the boxing day sales here in Canada:)