Thursday 17 November 2011

Rain, Wind and Snow

The forecast for tonight in Canada (where we are going anyway) is rain, wind and snow and the temperature is -2*. BBBBbrrrrrrrrrrrrr. You'd think it would wait for us to get settled.

Last night we all slept on our mattresses on the floor. Smallest came in to me this morning and woke me with a start. I opened my eyes and thought "oh my god, Smallest has grown, he's a giant", which is bizarre because he says he wants to be a giant when he grows up. Then I thought "oh he must be standing on something" When I tried to get out of bed I hit the floor too quickly. Oh I was so confused!!!!! Airbeds tonight. That should be fun.

The mattresses, tv, sofa, chairs, table, last bits all went today. Container arrived at 11am and Dave and Ben got on with the huge task of loading everything into it. I can't believe how big it is!!! Our things will rattle around in there - you could fit the kids from our school in there with our belongings and still have room!!,

40ft container

If you look really closely you may be able to see Dave at the back smiling.

The truck and the container linked together to make it easier for them to load. Clever.

This is all of our stuff on. Not taken that much room!!

Now it's being sealed. There is so much room on here. I think my car might have fit in it! DOH!

All done now. Off it goes.

There go the packers. Goodbye Dave and Ben. Thank you for making this an easy (ish) move. They did a grand job.

the packers go one way and the container goes the other.

Bye bye all of our belongings. See you in Canada mid December. Have a safe journey.

I went off to achievement assembly at school this afternoon. Small got a certificate for being a super member of his class.

They are looking at me because they knew I was taking photos and they guessed I was blubbing!!

...and Smallest go a certificate for being a fantastic member of class 1.

Then small got the writer's cup for writing an exciting myth using correct punctuation and wow words. However as they normally get to keep the up for a week and we won't be here to give it back, they made him a special cup to take to Canada.

Then both boys got books made by their classes of drawings of each of the children and a little message, plus a voucher to be used in Canada for books.

I cried buckets but the boys were fine. They have another day at school tomorrow but as its Children in Need I think it will be a fun day.

All on Airbeds tonight. It took the boys a while to get to sleep but they got there in the end.

Just ordered a pizza from the pub. Everett got us a bottle of red wine for tonight and some mince pies. Did I mention she bought my car - phew - at least we don't need to worry about that now.

WHAT A DAY. AM EXHAUSTED. I lost my phone earlier. I'm such a thickie at the moment. I put it on silent because I was at the school and then I put it in a bag when I was clearing out my car for Everett. When I tried to ring it to find out where it was....... Well you get the idea. DOH!!!!!!!!!

I have found it now and have picked up my 100 missed calls and my 50 text messages and my 25 voice mails.

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to bed now. Bed? Or a bit of floor every time Huffle gets off the air bed. NIGHT NIGHT x

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Famfa, Huffle, Small & Smallest
We are going to miss you all so much.
What a busy few days with the shippers!!!! I hope you and Huffle enjoyed your pizza, and get a good night’s sleep on the airbed, fingers crossed it doesn’t go down or Huffle will have to pump it up again!! Perhaps the red wine will help you both sleep.
Everett and Shorts are absolutely thrilled with the new addition to our family thank you. It’s tucked away to bed in the garage but here for you until you fly off on Sunday, should you need it.
See you tomorrow.
Lots of love Everett xxxx

Sarah Tomson said...

Just read your post and now its started me off!

Glad small and smallest had a fab achievement assembly yesterday (good job you made it to that one!) and that all your belongings are safely on their way.

Hope you have a fab last couple of nights in England, no doubt there'll be lots of tears and laughter but thats what makes the best memories

Keep blogging!

Lots of Love xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi there, well, who would think it has actually happened. I bet the kids are enjoying their "indoor camping". I hope you all have a really happy life in Canada and hope you all settle in well to your new life. Sounds like the grannie blankie will come in very handy there.

Very best wishes to you all, you will be missed.
CherylD x