Tuesday 29 November 2011

Test drive in the rain

Smallest and I dropped Small off at school this morning.  He didn't want us to wait with him, he wanted to walk in by himself.  So we stood and watched him walk to the playground (he looked back and waved) and then we left him to it.

We then tried to find a car lot where we were going to test drive the car that Huffle found on the Internet last night.  It was absolutely piddling down with rain, flowing down the streets, buffering the car, we got wet through.

Anyway we test drove the car, seemed okay, solid, good price, rang Huffle, he said buy it.  WE BOUGHT IT.  Papers filled in, signed, deposit paid.  He gets it in a few days.  The car lot man was very nice and friendly (who isn't?) and said he wouldn't add this and he wouldn't add that, all because we were new to the country and he knew how hard it was to be new.  He arrived here in the 80's and he said they weren't quite so helpful and friendly then, so he said he would always be helpful to anyone he met who was new.  He was from Iran and Newcastle (not sure in what order!)

Then we did some shopping and picked up some lunch which we had to eat in the car because it was still raining, very very fast and wet.

We went off to find the car I found on the Internet last night.  Had a test drive.  NICE.  I have all the details and we are going to talk about it this evening and make a decision.  My car looks like a dog!  I'll show you tomorrow if I buy it!   Honest It does!

Just had an invite to dinner with KP and A.  Cool.  While we were out we met someone else from Smallest's class and they live near where we will live too, so there's another person I've met and her other daughter is in Small's class.

Apart from the fact that it has rained ALL DAY (I got the blame, KP said I brought it with me from England!) it has been a fairly good, productive day.

Loved spending it with Small today although we haven't done anything except drive and look at cars but he is happy today and kept saying "we're having a lovely day aren't we Mummy", he knows the right thing to say eh?  

We came home, got dry, watched TV, 
...... put shopping away and prepared dinner, got Small, had dinner, waited for Huffle to come home.

Small won an award today for "A great sentence in his agenda".  This means he wrote a great sentence in his diary (they have an agenda they have to write in everyday, this gets signed by the teacher and then comes home for us to see and we have to sign in it too).

There is an assembly tomorrow morning (monthly) and I have been given the heads up by Small's teacher that he will be given an award so I have to be there.  How exciting!

Huffle's day was good, busy, lots of meetings and lots of seeing people.  Another busy day for him tomorrow.










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice wheels! Looks like seeing all that snow has scared you in to getting a four wheel drive!! I'm trying to think what car could possibly look like a dog and I have to admit I'm stumped!! We had all that pouring down rain here too, since Sunday actually, but in the last couple of hours it has turned to snow!! Be grateful for the rain, lol!

Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Famfa - fantastic. Car look just the job. Rained here too yesterday (Tuesday).
Love Everett xxx

hayleysg said...

Can't wait to see this dog car! I personally think you should get a yaris ;) I doubt they have them I'm canda though. Love how small is already independent.
Love Hayley xxx