Wednesday 23 November 2011

Your satisfaction is all the thanks I need

Yesterday I purchased a new phone with a voice recognition service.  Last night I was playing around with it and asked it what time it was in Canada.  When it told me and I said "Thank you", expecting some reply like "I'm sorry I don't know what you mean", but instead it said "Your satisfaction is all the thanks I need". COOL.  how very Canadian

I have been missing things, really silly things, like jars to put stuff in, my pantry, a saucepan to cook Smallest's egg in (we do have saucepans here in the house but they are not the right size). I'm missing my personal things where I know they should be.  I'm missing the routine of everyday 
I've.  It's like being on holiday but not quite.   It's just the little things.  Friends and family we can email, Skype and text.  Yesterday Huffle downloaded a new app for me and I can now listen to Radio 1.  Now that's better.  Maybe it's just familiarity I crave.  I have my blog.  I can write and get things off my chest.  I think that helps a lot.

We have no tv set up here and the boys are starting to miss the simple act of turning on the telly.  They are missing their own rooms and their toys and books.  we are ringing the tv company today to see if we can get it set up.  They watched some of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory this morning on the IPad.  They were glued to it.  Couldn't take their eyes off it.  Bless.

The house is feeling small and there is still so much to do.  We can't buy cars until our bank has transferred money into our Canadian account.  That won't be done until next week which means that we will have to hire two cars now.

Huffle is struggling today.  He is really sad about leaving his family.  He is also feeling trepidation about starting his job on Monday.  He feels the house is too small and there is just so much to do.

This morning we are taking time out to go for a long walk in the forest.  Try to forget about the things we miss and forget about what has to be done and sorted.  Just be a family out for a walk in a new place.



1 comment:

hayleysg said...

Hell no have you got a better phone than me! Not happy about this! Hope your all ok! Loving the blogs, read them everyday in registration, keeps me entertained. Say hi to everyone for me. Also what is your skype name, struggling to get it. Hayley xxxx