Tuesday 22 November 2011

BADDA BOOM BADDA BING

TUESDAY
Small running around the trees in our rental garden - there was a frost last night
Boys running - the fence is up to stop the snow drifting - does that mean it is on its way?

We had trouble yesterday with the bank not letting us transfer our money into our Canadian account, so we had to visit Stouffville again to fax a letter to the UK bank.   Also had a trip to the drug store and found out that they don't have paracetamol, instead they have Acetaminophen (now that's not a mouthful!).  So fully drugged up now - (last night I lost my voice, still full of cold with aching bones), Huffle is also full of cold but so far the boys seem okay.

This is what happens to your tongue when you eat a blue lolly!

Boys were being a plant

We visited their school and registered them to start on Monday (eeeeeekkkkkkkkk).  We have to ring them later this week to check that everything is fine for them to start. They can't use the school bus until we have moved to our 'House' but that's okay because I wanted to drive them anyway for the first week or so.

We can't sort out cars yet till we sort the bank.  We still need to get me a phone (can't believe how lost I feel without my phone).  Huffle had a call from work today to get him sorted out with a laptop and blackberry.  His old work email has been cancelled - they didn't tell him, they just deleted it.  NICE.

While Huffle tried to sort out his bank, the boys and I went for a coffee and biscuit.

We went to the 'care and share' shop and bought a snowboard with bindings for Small and 'how to draw dinosaurs' book, some ice skates for Smallest and a crochet hook for me.  
Snowboard $22 (£17), Skates $12 (£8) BARGAIN
Then we had dinner at East Side Marios.  Garlic home loaf, pizza, spaghetti bolognese, salad.  The boys had a triple tornado ice cream.  Smallest doesn't seem to like anything at the moment.  I wonder if he's got a cold and his taste buds are a bit weird!
This way to the JOHN - Smallest asked if Huffle's Boss was a toilet???

Umm pudding

A triple tornado

We had a look in some different shops today.  We found Baked Beans.  Weetabix.  NescafĂ©.  We also found stuff we haven't tried before - I don't want you to think we are wanting to eat JUST British food and nothing else.  We are open to new things too.

A monkey and a moose


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, things will pick up, can't help having a cold. The icecream looked great. We think of you constantly - have Toronto weather on my phone - Hailey Bailey has given me her old iphone. I'm even thinking in Toronto time, its weird - Love to all. Aunt Pear xx

Anonymous said...

Probably got the cold due to all the stress, hanging about and traveling. I avoided it in September when I came back, but my husband didn't a week later and then gave it to me anyway!! Really enjoying seeing all your "new" experiences, takes me back. And yes, snow, buy a snowblower I'm telling ya!!! The big question is, will you have a desk to show us all??

Hugs
Brenda

Mary Ann Tate said...

Buy snow suits for the boys..at least leggings if nothing else because the snow gets deep and it's wet. I remember when my sons were little...wet socks, wet pants, wet everything:(

Buy a snowblower and a shovel...oh and road salt or it's equivalent...you will need that. Keep some salt in your car for emergencies.....ha ha...not to worry...it may be a mild winter:)