Friday 25 November 2011

Three Weeks Yesterday...

Today we all went to see the new house.

This is our street one way
and this is our street the other way
Here it is

the boys ran around lots, up and down the garden.......



In and out of the barn

They loved the jungle jim


They really loved the basket ball hoop - whoops, better put that on Santa's list


the lounge

View through landing window



The boys playing in the lounge
Downstairs bathroom and laundry room
Kitchen from the lounge
The loft
...and my bathroom, where no boys are allowed.

Hopefully we have taken different photos this time and you are not just seeing the same old ones you've seen before.

I think we all felt better after seeing the house.  It reminded us what we were moving to and made us feel like we could live in the Small house for longer because it will be worth it in the end.  The boys chose their bedrooms and had a long play in the basement - they decided that would be their playroom
We weren't sure whether this was where the squirrels nested or not

I took the boys for a walk around so we could see what was near to us.  We saw a black squirrell high up on top of a telegraph pole.  We didn't know how he was going to get down.



We went for a drive around, had lunch at home and then went out again to buy supplies.  Huffle and I have bought ourselves sturdy boots.  We bought an ironing board and iron.  KP let us do some washing today so once it is all dry we can get on with the ironing in preparation for Monday.  

I rang the school today, the boys can definitely start.  Smallest will do Monday, Wednesday's and some Fridays.  

Hopefully our money was transferred today so we could be in a position to buy a car soon.

I think Huffle is feeling a bit happier although we are all very tired today.  Smallest has got our cold and he struggled to sleep last night.  He kept wriggling and accidentally kicking Small, so Smallest ended up in bed with me (he kept jumping on me and hugging me in his sleep!) and Huffle slept with Small on the air bed.

We ended the day with an ice cream.  It has been a mild day today with lots of sun but as the sun went down it got quite chilly (and we were sitting outside eating ice-cream, I bet we couldn't have looked more British if we tried).
Ummmmmmmm Kawartha Dairy Ice-Cream.  NICE!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woke up at 4am and couldn't sleep so was delighted to find you'd updated your blog! Your new house looks absolutely gorgeous, lovely windows!! I don't know if you know that about me but I love windows and always notice people's windows and window frames - he-he!!!

Start thinking about what bed linen your going to put on my bed when I visit -" there's a tenner in my Canada fund pot ;-)

With love Yahoo X

PS - Magots worried that Smallest hasn't got a bath in your rental house and that he might have to have showers all the time.... Strange how the ickles think :-) x

Anonymous said...

The house looks gorgeous, a lovely home. The boys look great and Huffle looks happy with his icecream, but who wouldn't. I guess the boys are excited with a loft (amazing) and a basement to play in. The garden looks a great play area. HB and I have been to town this afternoon with MIL and we had a really good afternoon and spent all grandad's money, it felt great! Aunt Pear.xx

Anonymous said...

Your new home is absolutely fabulous, and all of that land. I'm please Huffle is brighter. I pleased it is mild for you to eat you icecream! Good luck to Huffle for Monday and for the boys starting school.

Lots of love Everett xxx