Thursday 5 September 2013

13 years of married bliss

Everyone slept well. This morning I was awoken by Huffle wishing me Happy Anniversary before running off to work. He bought me a lovely flowering trumpet plant that is liked by Hummingbirds and I bought him a Miscanthus Zebrinus with a red stripe. We normally buy something for the house like a piece of furniture. 13 years is Lace. Ummmmm, that will take some thinking!

I decided we would cycle to school this morning and it's a good job we did because the bus came early and didn't stop! It was a nice ride in but a bit of a kerfuffle getting through the playground and locking the bikes up whilst finding a place to put their helmets. Anyway, we did it and I cycled back hurriedly and had my breakfast and a quick coffee before driving to the forest for a walk with NoCustard. It was just us two and we had a good catch up and a good walk. The forest was lovely but the trail looked so different from last time we were there early Summer.

After our walk, NoCustard asked if I would go to the Garden Centre with her to help her choose some plants, so we went to John's Garden Centre and chose two lovely grasses and an Hydrangea. The lady there got the price wrong on the grasses so we changed our mind (we were disappointed that she didn't take some off as it was her mistake). We went to my garden centre next and chose some lovely plants for the same price we would have paid for the two grasses (but got more). By the time we finished it was lunchtime so NoCustard invited me back to her house and we had a lovely salad for lunch. Of course, being NoCustard I didn't come away empty handed, a box of ice lollies for the boys, Italian Biscuits for Huffle and I for our anniversary and a seedy bread she had made on the BBQ (can't wait to try that). She was very funny today, trying to get me to eat things I didn't like. I kept calling her Mum and she kept using my full name (like the Bank Manager does!). She is such a lovely lady, I love being in her company. We had a wander around her garden and I told her what some of the plants were called. I had to leave to get back for the boys but I had a wonderful time.

Once home, I quickly put my goodies away and cycled to school. Both boys had had a good day today. A funny story from yesterday's gym session was that Smallest's gym teacher was trying to learn their names. They were to say their name plus a word rhyming with their name of a word using the same first letter. Smallest said "My name is Freddy and I like Farting". When Smallest told me this he said "I had to us a Canadian word and whispers the sentence". He thinks he is not allowed to use Canadian words at home and no English words at school. Bless him, I told him he can use whatever words he feels more comfortable using. Silly billy.

We cycled home and Huffle rang to say he wanted us to go out for an Anniversary dinner (with the kids of course) so after Skyping Grandma and Grandad we went off to an Italian we haven't been to before. The service was brilliant, the food lovely and we will definitely go back again. When we finished we went on to the Mini Golf and all played. We had a lot of fun, some wild hits and a few holes in one.

Huffle won overall. Smallest got 'most improved player'. Small got 'most hit player' (Smallest hit him on the shin with a golf ball. I got 'most holes in one'. No-one got ice-cream because it was too late - boooooo

We came home and the boys went straight to bed as we were late. Huffle and I watched Celebrity Juice - so funny.

Our evening's sky.

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a good day, Happy Anniversary. We sorted out a few late hitches with the contract on HB's house then got key. She has the biggest room(paid £5week more). We just need a few cheap bits of furniture so everything can go somewhere! Kitchen small, not enough food or storage place for 5. Nice though.