Friday 27 September 2013

Top to Bottom Mr Lube*

Huffle went off to golf this morning.

The boys went to school and in the afternoon ran for Terry Fox (in Smallest's words - he ran from Newfoundland to Ontario and then he got cancer in his lungs from his leg and he ran over 5,000 miles to get his leg more healthy. He died in the hospital. In Small's words - he had cancer in his leg and he had a metal leg. He started from British Columbia and ran to Newfoundland. He wanted to get around the whole of Canada but didn't because he died in Newfoundland. He ran over 3500 miles for people like him who had cancer and he was 21 years old when he died). Both boys ran for their Great Grandad Ic.

I went off to knitting. My sock is coming along a treat now. I came home and had a quick sandwich with Huffle and then while he worked I tried to get some wood chippings I had seen on the side of the road but they were too hard to reach so I came home. Then I tried to cut some wood with the saw but it was too hot and too hard. I came in and knitted instead.

I got the boys swimming stuff together and sat outside in the sunshine on the porch and waited for them to come home. They told me all about their run and then we all went off to swimming.

The view of the tree from our porch (those leaves are changing colour)

Small is in level 10 and did well, smiling everytime he passed me. Small is in level 6 (which is the level that small was in when we got here at age 8, impressive - he was with three older kids, he did very well but made me laugh because he kept bumping into people. We came home and had dinner.

*there was an advert on the radio today for Mr Lube (car oil place) and they were talking about "Fast top to bottom with Mr Lube". It made me laugh and Huffle thought I was being childish. Ha ha !!

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Back home, wifi back on. Hope Hufflle had a good day golfing.