Friday 6 September 2013

Cut....Action

Huffle worked from home this morning as he had a meeting downtown later in the day. He is testing whether it is a feasible option for him to work more often from home for the future. The boys went to school on the bus and I went to knitting. Before I went, I quickly cast off my sock, tried it on and found I had made it too tight and I couldn't get it on!

Today there were three of us (and El) and we were very demanding. So were lots of people coming into the shop too. Eventually I got my finished sock undone and this time cast off looser, hurrah now it fits. El managed to unravel my other sock and got me on the right track. Cookie bought us some brownies she had made and we munched our way through most of them. She gave me the rest to take home from the boys. Three different people this week have sent me home with things for the boys - they are so lucky.

I did a bit of school shopping, pencil cases etc and bought some fruit and then came home. I had a lovely salad for lunch inspired by NoCustard yesterday. I made a Broccoli and Stilton soup for dinner and we had it with NoCustards seedy bread she gave me. Yum yum.

When the boys came home we played basketball and street hockey. Huffle came home and we sat on the porch drinking tea, watching the boys play jackers on the front. While Huffle and I prepared dinner, the kids played on their DS'.

After dinner all the boys played football. The weather is turning. The mornings and evenings are much cooler but it is still quite warm in the day. This weekend is supposed to be not so good weatherwise.

I forgot a story from the Garden Centre on Tuesday. A man came in to the Nursery and asked me if we had any dead trees, Junipers or other trees. I was confused and asked Jeff. Apparantly he came in last year too. He was part of a film crew working in a gravel pit close by. They were filming and the director needed the set to look the same for the six months they film. Obviously that is not possible here with the snow etc so they buy in dead trees, spray them and make them look like the season they are supposed to be. The series is called Defiance (I think). It seems there are a lot of films and series filmed around here. I was told parts of Wolverine were filmed in this Hamlet but I never saw anything. Huffle and I have seen two film sets so far in Canada, one in Toronto and one in a small hamlet near ours. How exciting!

 

 

 

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

Happy anniversary for yesterday x it wouldn't let me post either! You would have to be a pretty good artist to spray a tree, the tricks of the trade!!