Monday 23 September 2013

Hot tub gone

Huffle went off to work and the boys went off to school. The weather was cool but they still went in their shorts but with a fleece each. I did the normal house things and then went grocery shopping. It was empty in the first supermarket and almost a pleasure to shop. I went off to two other shops to finish my shopping. I was looking for inspiration for Small's birthday as he has asked for 'surprises'. I didn't do too well and came home to put the shopping away, Skype Moo and make lunch.

The other day my neighbour gave us a huge basket of tomatoes so I made three tomato soups. Carrot Tomato and lentil, Tomato and spinach and creamy tomato. We had them for dinner. It took a lot of sieving and blending to get rid of the skin and pips but the soups were nice. Huffle particularly liked the fact that they were zero miles and it was Hamlet organic.

A lady I met last week through Kijiji (like Ebay), put our hot tub on Facebook for us, saying that it was free if someone could pick it up. Someone came this evening and took it away. We have had an email from the lady already saying that they are trying to get it working. We now have a corner of the patio free - what shall we do with that then?

I did some path making in the vegetable garden today. I moved wheelbarrow after wheelbarrow of stuff from the side of the house to the back. It is made of chopped up tyres. We had researched this last year and found it leached into the soil so we put it on top of weed free matting so it won't bother the veggies. The boys thought it was great and did lots of running and bouncing on it.

Picking 'helicopters' off the trees!

Small did his homework. We spoke to Grandma and Grandad, had dinner, played football and then watched the men take the hot tub away. Good riddance. They said they were going to put the ducks in it and make it into a pond, I think his wife had other ideas!

Falling in the trees during football and laughing his head off

Small requested pain au chocolate for his birthday breakfast and asked me to buy some when I did the shopping. I forgot and asked smallest to put them on the list. I expected him to write 'panochoclit' or something similar. He wrote 'croissanants'. Both Small and I were very impressed.

Aaarrrrggghhh he shot me!

I had an argument with a man on the phone earlier. They are coming to fix the cooker tomorrow but didn't give me any notice, just rang to say they would be here in the morning. I told him it wasn't good enough and I won't be here. I argued and argued but in the end I gave in. They are coming tomorrow between 8am and 12. No work for me then unless they come at 8am! While I was on hold they played the same song over and over again. I haven't heard it before but by the time I came off the phone I was singing the bloody thing! They better fix it - it went wrong again tonight!

 

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

You missed a trick there, you could have had a duck pond! All those nice eggs xx