Wednesday 18 September 2013

Poor Froggy

I had a terrible night's sleep last night. I had lots of dreams. One was my friend Mrs Chappo visited and surprised us. It was a lovely dream where we had such fun and it made me very sad when I realised it wasn't real. Then I had a horrible dream where my bottom front tooth fell out and I just had one awful pointy tooth left. I lay awake for ages wondering if it was wobbly. Silly billy. Talking of wobbly teeth, Smallest has another one, I the it would come out today at school but it didn't. Hope he doesn't swallow it in his sleep again.

I had to stay in all day today as I was expecting a friend to visit this morning, the pool people were coming to close the pool and the cooker man was coming to check why the oven kept displaying error messages.

My friend didn't come as her little girl was poorly. The pool people came at around 10:30 ish. They were very happy (not the normal little grumpy man we get). We do have a leak and it is coming from our pump so next year we need to get that looked at. They took some money off as they didn't have to drain it because the leak had done it for them.

The cooker man came around 2pm and decided we need a new computer for the front of it. They will ring to arrange when to fit it.

In between my visits I was on the garden. Digging, planting, weeding and moving a whole load of stones from near the barn to cover a water pipe from the basement into the garden. I had to dig a long hole to fit the pipe in and then moved five wheelbarrows of very heavy stones backwards and forwards. While I was digging I think I may have chopped the leg off a small frog. I said I was very sorry and tried to move him to another place. I never actually saw his leg, I am just guessing. I also moved three of the veg beds and disturbed another wasps nest. Arrrggghhhh.

I only have this one photo from today and that is of my stone work. Small asked if I was building a whole wall!

In between the gardening I finished sewing up a rag doll I am making and carried on a bit of knitting.

When the boys came home I made dinner. Small did two lots of homework and then had IPad banned when he told me he hadn't eaten his fruit and yoghurt AGAIN! Smallest was very happy that he had all food groups in his lunch today and told me that only him and one other boy had all of them. He asked for the same again tomorrow. He tidied his room, put his clothes away and then played on the IPad.

Huffle came home early and we wandered around the garden waiting for dinner to cook, then he played table football with Small.

Dinner was eaten, spellings done (I was appalled today when Small came home with some work and for the word another he had written an over). So we had extra spellings lessons today.

Huffle and I played table tennis and I nearly won a couple. Mr Miagi might have to give me extra lessons!

 

 

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

We have been playing sweetie bingo with the spellings here. Now that missy has them too it works out easier !