Friday 20 September 2013

Lazy Lurkio

The weather started out very foggy. Then it got warmer and more humid and we had a few spots of rain. There is a storm forecast, who knows whether we will get it or not.

Huffle worked from home again. I went to knitting. El had to undo my sock as I hadn't enough stitches (where did they go?) and she spent most of the morning undoing whilst dealing with customers, telephone calls and other people's knitting mishaps. So I only really did about four rows but at least I am on track now so hopefully I might get more done. I spent most of the sessions chatting, listening, laughing and drinking coffee - life is tough!

On the way home. I encountered some truly awful driving. A man on a moped or motorbike pulled out in front of me without looking and nearly fell off when I honked my horn at him. Bloody idiot! Then I got stuck on the supermarket car park when one car was seemingly parked next to the pedestrian crossing and another wanted to pass it. I stopped to let a pedestrian walk (as being a walker I know how difficult it is to cross when no-one even sees you) and caused a major jam. Seriously the driving here is abominable!

Huffle and I I had a lovely lunch together and then later instead of going for a walk (like we intended) we moved our vegetable beds into their new place (which took a lot of moving as we kept changing our minds) repaired them, filled them with paper and compost and comfrey (which we also moved). It was a hard couple of hours work but I think we did a good job and needed to be done. I rang a woman who keeps horses and she said we could come and get some horse manure for free so that will help to make the soil better.

The boys came home. Smallest had a problem because Small said he would give him a piggy back and he didn't and then he hit him in the head with a football! Oh boy! He went inside for a grump while Huffle and I cleared away and small and I went into the top of the barn while Huffle handed us all the pool gear. Summer must now be officially over, the pool is closed, the lilos are deflated and everything stored away for the chipmunks to play with (they better not!!).

The wasp situation has improved slightly. Last night Huffle used sealant in all the gaps in the sun room so they can't get out of their nest one way. We kept all the doors closed so that no new ones could get in and any that were in we squished. We did kill quite a lot but there don't seem as many now.

Small did his homework, Smallest and I played table ice Hockey and then made pizza and then all the boys played table ice hockey while I cleared away and cleaned the kitchen.

We ate our pizza in front of 'Willow' which we started a while ago. We have all just stood at our front window and 'boooo'd' our neighbour Don NoQuotey. He came home in his truck and then went straight out again. I said "I bet he is driving to the beer store", which is a matter of 400 yards and is very easily walkable. Huffle said "if he comes back in a couple of minutes with beer I am booing him". He came back with a six pack of beer - that is despicably lazy. No wonder he doesn't do any work!!!!!

Rude Trude (from knitting) sent home some brownies for the boys - they liked them alot.

 

2 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

We bought some fabulous knitted socks from Bulgaria. The ladies sold them in the streets. Is this where you are heading?! Xx

famfa said...

Well it's always an option x