Monday 16 September 2013

Garden Host

All the boys went off today leaving me by myself. This evening I was host at the Garden Club, which means me and another lady had to bake lovely things for after our Garden Club talk. She rang to say she was making apple turnovers and Naimo Bars and cutting up Cantaloupe and Strawberries. I made flapjack, chocolate chip cookies and courgette chocolate chip loaf.

Before I started I skyped Moo and we had a good chat. I also rearranged the kitchen and front room. It must be the weather, because it is getting cooler I am going into Winter mode!!

I went and did some grocery shopping, cleaned a bathroom, did some washing and put some plants in.

The wasps were out in force again though there are loads of dead ones strewn all over the roof. They are still getting into their nests somehow but they seem really dozy, landing on shoes and the floor. I hope no-one treads on them.

The man who I did some typing for came round to see what I had done with his document and we went over it together. He had a look at the wasps too and said they were really hard to get rid of. He had to use petrol to get rid of a nest in his garden, in the ground. BOOM

The boys came home and played football before going on the IPad. We all had dinner when Huffle came home and I went to the Garden Club. This evening's talk was from a man from Norwich, UK. He had a strange accent, English, American, Canadian! The talk was about cactus and succulents. Interesting enough but I don't want to grow them. We watched a slide show in the dark and I nearly fell asleep. The food went down well but there weren't many people there to eat it so I brought loads home. The boys will be happy. I won a prize which I was very happy about. It is a Stafford China Mug with cactus and succulents in it. I now know from the talk that the roots need air so I will have to replant it but its nice all the same.

 

Huffle had sprayed the nests again with his 'John Merrick' outfit on. Hopefully it will be better this time.

 

2 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

You will have to introduce me to this courgette baking . Can't seem to get my head around it! Looks lovely though x

Anonymous said...

Seems like it's the week for baking! We only got a few courgettes this year, we weren't overrun with them so I never got to try out your recipes. Don't be afraid of the cinnamon in that cake, I don't like it either! The spice mix tastes more like English Mixed Spice, I can't discern the cinnamon on it's own. I use freshly grated nutmeg and always put a bit extra of that in as I love it so much, that's what I can taste the most! I think it would be a good cake whatever mix of spice was in it.

Hugs
Brenda